• Views 514,712
  • Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

Shad0w717

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has already been answered but i am using a 500gb external hard drive and am running the configurable usb loader. I want to rip my games but it asks me to format a partition for my hard drive. i have about 50gb of movies on there and was just wondering if i do that will it delete all my movies. thank you!

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Trebuchet said:
Even from Hermes to Waninkokos ?
They don't overwrite each other. Waninkoko's cIOS installs to IOS249 and Hermes' cIOS installs to IOS222/223/224

QUOTE(Shad0w717 @ Apr 17 2010, 05:55 PM) Sorry if this has already been answered but i am using a 500gb external hard drive and am running the configurable usb loader. I want to rip my games but it asks me to format a partition for my hard drive. i have about 50gb of movies on there and was just wondering if i do that will it delete all my movies. thank you!
Do you not know the definition of the word format?
The CFG USB Loader can load games from FAT32/NTFS partitions, but you need to already have the ISO's for this game. The loader currently wants you to create a WBFS partition for the games. Yes that will delete your movies.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shad0w717 said:
ok what can i do to still be able to rip them onto the hard drive without losing all the movies?
You need cIOS222 (Hermes) to play the games from the hard drive without formatting it. Then you need to set CFG USB Loader to load IOS222 instead of IOS249.

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trebuchet said:
Another one, what's the difference between a ScRuBBeD release and another one?

Without getting into anything technical, Wii ISOs will not compress normally. No matter what algorithms you run, they stay at 4.5GB, even if the game data is only 100MB. "Scrubbing" allows the ISO to be compressed by overwriting the junk data with all 0s (or 1s, not sure).

R

RoadDogg

Can I load roms from a USB HDD? I know I can run Wii/Cube ISOs from it, but can I make emulators check the HDD for rom files?

Noobsauce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay so, I am a complete newbie to hacking in every way, and I am trying to install Softchip loader onto my Wii to play a dvd copy of a game I have. So far I have something called the homebrew channel but from what I've seen, to play the game I need the softchip loader channel thing, but I have no idea how to get that. It's been a miracle that I managed to get homebrew working, but all of the instructions I've seen for softchip are weird or just don't work.
I'm just a casual gamer and not a hacker so I don't know much about USB and IOwhatever and wan, I just need some instructions on how to be able to play this game without any wacky hacker lingo.
Thanks.

Ell2Cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have followed the 4.2 softmod guide on this site but when i try to load a game it goes to a blank screen and freezes. i never see the wiimote screens. im using cIOS38r17 and USB loader GX. what am i doing wrong????

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set the priiloader to load CFG Usb loader on system startup by install its dol in the priiloader.
Now how do I set it back to boot to Wii Menu Channel again ?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Noobsauce said:
Ah okay so, I am a complete newbie to hacking in every way, and I am trying to install Softchip loader onto my Wii to play a dvd copy of a game I have. So far I have something called the homebrew channel but from what I've seen, to play the game I need the softchip loader channel thing, but I have no idea how to get that. It's been a miracle that I managed to get homebrew working, but all of the instructions I've seen for softchip are weird or just don't work.
I'm just a casual gamer and not a hacker so I don't know much about USB and IOwhatever and wan, I just need some instructions on how to be able to play this game without any wacky hacker lingo.
Thanks.

http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader . I modded my new Black Wii with these instructions. Just follow each step carefully and do everything instructed in each step from the IOS249 link. I didn't install Hermes and everything is working fine so far so you can skip that. After the cIOSes you can install USB Loader and I'm fairly sure you can launch the game through that even if you don't have a HDD to rip it to, but alternatively you can skip installing USB loader and look for the NeoGamma R8 in these forums and install that with the instructions. And I agree that some information may be hard to comprehend, but if you can't follow these instructions, maybe playing backups isn't your thing ..

Finally, you should note that if you have Black Wii, USB loader is the only choice ( with USB loading, can't use backup DVD's at all )

QUOTE(RoadDogg @ Apr 17 2010, 08:45 PM) Can I load roms from a USB HDD? I know I can run Wii/Cube ISOs from it, but can I make emulators check the HDD for rom files?

I thought you can't play GC games from the HDD with usbloader ? Or has it been finally done ?

My own question : Can a harddrive which takes it's power through USB to be used with the Wii, or do I need one with external power cable ? I need to buy a HD for my games but before I do, I need to know this essential information.

I got another question that would be more appropriate for different subforum but there are no noob question thread and I don't really want to make new thread for such simple question as this : Where the hell do I get WAD Manager, or how on earth do I install Wads ? I found on my old SD card file called Wad_Manager.wad .... It makes no sense. How would I go on about installing a wad manager that's a wad file .. if I could do that, I wouldnt need wad manager :S

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Doh, noticed this section!

Quick stupid question, how do i install the Neogamma r8 channel? I got R7, but forgot how to install it, i tried to install the r8 wad file, but it just gave me an error when it tried to install it.

Error (ret= 1029)

pelson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
enlargedhousecats said:
tattar8 said:
enlargedhousecats said:
how do I play monster hunter tri off my usb disk without updating?
Did you search? You need to install Hermes' cIOS223 as IOS37 merge 38.

thanks, and (new noob question) the new search function is broken, is there a way to use the old one

HEY ... where i found cios223 as ios37 merge 38 to download ?

I tried NUS Download but I didnt fount it.

Thanks in Advanced

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?