• Views 517,786
  • Replies 3,818
  • Likes 6

Chorley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm trying to get my usb hard drive configured so I can play wii games off it.

From reading other topics i've gathered that I can plug my hard drive into my wii, use the usb backup loader to partition my hard drive and backup a game to it, but then it also says that then my windows computer won't be able to read it, meaning I can't transfer my games from my computer to my usb hard drive to play off my wii..

can anyone help?

GhostToast

Trophies
Website
whatthephoto.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm a total newb to the Wii scene. Been happily playing NDS games on a variety of cards, but finally interested in possibly doing something nice for my lonely ol' Wii. (Wow that sounded kind of unintentionally dirty).

What is the safest way to play backed up games? Is it a product I buy? Or something I just download? USB Loader? Mod chip? Thanks for the response.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to copy games and movies onto the same drive, what is the best way to format the drive? i tried ntfs and transferred my games using wii backup manager as wbfs files and copied my movies to a separate folder, but config usb loader v51-fat (hermes 222/223 v4) could not mount the partition and mplayerce could not mount the ntfs drive. in config usb loader when it gave me the option to choose my partition, there was a list of 4 equally sized partitions and the "mount type used" was UNK-b1?? Suggestions please. thanks.

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
um so ive been trying to load my backups to my HDD which i partitioned as WBFS, but WBFS manager 3.0 says the drive is corrupt. i want to try NTFS. is Oggzee's Configurable USB Loader able to detect NTFS partitions? do i just drag my ISO's into the HDD?

KevoNakamura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm hi, I'm having some troubles with my USB loader, trying to get Guitar Hero 5 to load but all I get is a black screen, any help that isn't that IOS 222/223?

synicasm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I get a ISO file ... Full backup of a DVD

I dont understand the difference of a CISO file opposed to a .WBFS file.

IF i wanted to save space on my backup drive would I extract a CISO file from my WBFSdrive or a .WBFS file. ? They seem the same.

Please explain this to me..

studisc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this belongs here. Recently I installed the homebrew stuff on my nephew's Wii. It worked fine until his little brother put a DVD in the wii while there was a game inside. Now the wii games won't work for some reason but GC ones will. Whenever I put in a Wii game it gives me an error but it can read GC games no problem. I'm thinking about calling Nintendo and have them fix it but I want to get rid of the hombrew and all that before I send it in, if anybody could direct me to some instructions on how to do that I'd really appreciate it. BTW I used the guide that was here a few months ago to do all this but I don't remember where it was exactly. Thanks in advance.

JuggaletteENJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, got a couple quick questions about configurable USB loader

1. How do I force NTSC on all games (without having to go through each game one by one)
2.How do I change the display of the covers (the way it shows the games)

Thanks!!
yaywii.gif

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
studisc said:
I'm not sure if this belongs here. Recently I installed the homebrew stuff on my nephew's Wii. It worked fine until his little brother put a DVD in the wii while there was a game inside. Now the wii games won't work for some reason but GC ones will. Whenever I put in a Wii game it gives me an error but it can read GC games no problem. I'm thinking about calling Nintendo and have them fix it but I want to get rid of the hombrew and all that before I send it in, if anybody could direct me to some instructions on how to do that I'd really appreciate it. BTW I used the guide that was here a few months ago to do all this but I don't remember where it was exactly. Thanks in advance.
Its your wii so do whatever you want, but Ninty will probably charge you about 80 bucks even if you remove all traces of homebrew. Why not just save that money, buy an external hard drive, get usb loader, and wbfs manager (on your pc), and use wbfs manager to put your wii "backups" onto your usb drive, and then use usb loader to play all your wii games without discs on your broken wii.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
synicasm said:

IF i wanted to save space on my backup drive would I extract a CISO file from my WBFSdrive or a .WBFS file. ? They seem the same.

By ISO file, I assume you mean a "burned wii game", right?

WBFS is the format your drive needs to be in to use USB loader.

ISO files can be put onto or extracted from a drive in WBFS format, by using WBFS manager.

A cios is a Custom IOS (not ISO), and thus is a different thing entirely. Any sort of softmod guide would include directions on installing a cios. I currently have cios rev 17a on my wii for example.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zekolot said:
Is there any way I can backup my wii incase it were to brick and use the backup to restore the wii?
I hope this question is a joke, but bootmii, if used properly and installed as boot2, allows one to make a nand backup, and allows one to restore their wii in the event of a brick.
Preloader is another good application that can help someone recover from bricks.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quick question:

If I wanted to remove StartPatch completely, do I just load the app & press B on the hacks I want uninstalled? I've heard you can use NandClean also but its very dangerous. If I MUST use NandClean to remove the StartPatch hacks completely can anyone give me step-by-step instructions?

synicasm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Servdogg said:
synicasm said:

ISO files can be put onto or extracted from a drive in WBFS format, by using WBFS manager.

A cios is a Custom IOS (not ISO), and thus is a different thing entirely. Any sort of softmod guide would include directions on installing a cios. I currently have cios rev 17a on my wii for example.

Correct by ISO i mean Backup copy of a Wii Game. Haven't really burnt it anywhere just ripped it via Wanakio's wifi DVD dumper or ripped it via USB loader to a WBFS formatted hard drive then moved the files off the WBFS drive using either WBFS Manager (result is ISO's ) on my pc or Wii Backup Manager to an ISO, CISO or a ".WBFS" file.

When ripping via Wifi I get the ISO with the garbage data intact.. ( aka a 1 to 1 backup ) .
When ripping via USB loader I get the ISO with the garbage data converted to zeros so the resulting ISO can be compressed.

I am wondering what it the difference is. ? You have the option in Wii Backup Manager to save the files from the WBFS formatted drive to all 3 formats. I get that a "CISO" is a compressed ISO meaning the previous garbage data has been converted to Zeros. And an ISO is the full disk uncompressed with the garbage data converted to zeros. Im not totally clear what the ".wbfs" file is all about.

I am looking for the differences of the 3 format from a backup perspective, and the positives and negatives of each.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
synicasm said:
Servdogg said:
synicasm said:

Correct by ISO i mean Backup copy of a Wii Game. Haven't really burnt it anywhere just ripped it via Wanakio's wifi DVD dumper or ripped it via USB loader to a WBFS formatted hard drive then moved the files off the WBFS drive using either WBFS Manager (result is ISO's ) on my pc or Wii Backup Manager to an ISO, CISO or a ".WBFS" file.

When ripping via Wifi I get the ISO with the garbage data intact.. ( aka a 1 to 1 backup ) .
When ripping via USB loader I get the ISO with the garbage data converted to zeros so the resulting ISO can be compressed.

I am wondering what it the difference is. ? You have the option in Wii Backup Manager to save the files from the WBFS formatted drive to all 3 formats. I get that a "CISO" is a compressed ISO meaning the previous garbage data has been converted to Zeros. And an ISO is the full disk uncompressed with the garbage data converted to zeros. Im not totally clear what the ".wbfs" file is all about.

I am looking for the differences of the 3 format from a backup perspective, and the positives and negatives of each.

Oh, I didn't relize you meant compressed ISO by "ciso". I sort of misunderstood your question. As far as I know compressed ISO's are just as reliable as non-compressed ISOs. I use WBFS manager for all my ISO transfering needs, and thus all my ISOs are compressed, and every game that is supposed to work works fine. Some people have said that 1 to 1 backups are more reliable, but I don't really think this is the case. As far as the technical differences between the types of backups, I really couldn't say.

KungPaoKitties

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody explain to me how to get games on a USB drive and play them through an app on Hombrew Channel? Do you have to partition it to WFSB and if a computer can't even recognize that how does that work? Which app is the best for playing games using a USB drive? I have the latest Neogamma and I'm still using discs. Is it possible to rip (real copies) games to the USB drive through the Wii disc slot?

I constantly see things like USB Loader GX, uLoader, Neogamma, etc. etc. but do those all allow playing games from USB drives? What are the differences between those?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT