Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Velocity said:
jstevenson72 said:
Velocity said:
Hi All,

I have a PAL Wii it was originally running a WiiKey V1 (which is still installed) however a while ago a went the softmod route and put all my games on a USB HDD. I was running FW3.2E and everything was working fine.

I have only recently come back to my Wii (haven't used it for over 6months...) and I decided to update to FW4.1E which all went fine, I also updated my CIOS to Ver 14...However USB Loaders won't recognise my HDD. I have tried CfgUSBLoader and USB Loader GX both with no luck. As I said I know the HDD was fine as I was used to use it all the time, I even plugged it back into my PC and opened up WBFS Manager to see if all the games were still visible on the drive and they appeared fine. I have also made sure that the USB cable is plugged into the Left Slot (the bottom one if laid down flat) still with no luck...does anyone have any ideas,

Thanks,

Vel

USB Loaders work better with Rev 15, I suggest you upgrade to r15 and give it a try.

Thanks for the response,

However I've now updated the CIOS to R15, still getting the same error.
The exact message is:
ERROR! (ret = -1)
Make sure USB port 0 is used!
(The one nearest to the edge)

Vel

Personally I do not use cIOS 249 r15, because I needed more compatibility with USB drives. For my drive to work, I use Hermes cIOS 222 v4.

Then I use (or I used to until I installed PriiLoader) a forwarder channel, and install the boot.dol file for the loader of choice that is set to boot from cIOS 222. For WiiFlow this require you copy the correct boot.dol file into the USB:/apps/wiiflow folder.

Give Hermes cIOS a try and see if you get better compatibility...

When installing Hermes I usually do the following to also enable RockBand, etc. microphone support; install 222 (38), then 223 (38 merged 37), and finally 202 (38 merged 60). All three should be able to be installed if you find the correct installer.

Good Luck,

Jake

jstevenson72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skroooagh said:
Hi - it's been ages since I've messed with any homebrew stuff so hopefully you guys can help me out:

-Will USB Loader GX allow me to play ISOs from the front SD slot?

-What's the best way to rip Wii discs from the Wii to USB/SD? I've seen a bunch of methods but I dunno what's easiest, what's most up-to-date, what's fastest, etc. I tried the + button on USB Loader GX and got a code dump, but I don't have a WBFS-partitioned HDD or anything so it could be due to any number of issues.

Anything you could tell me would be much appreciated - trying to set up a friend's Wii as an Xmas gift. Thanks in advance!

1. Yes.
2. If your using USB Loader GX, just click the + sign to rip the game to the drive.

-- Jake

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
jstevenson72 said:
skroooagh said:
Hi - it's been ages since I've messed with any homebrew stuff so hopefully you guys can help me out:

-What's the best way to rip Wii discs from the Wii to USB/SD? I've seen a bunch of methods but I dunno what's easiest, what's most up-to-date, what's fastest, etc. I tried the + button on USB Loader GX and got a code dump, but I don't have a WBFS-partitioned HDD or anything so it could be due to any number of issues.

Anything you could tell me would be much appreciated - trying to set up a friend's Wii as an Xmas gift. Thanks in advance!

1. Yes.
2. If your using USB Loader GX, just click the + sign to rip the game to the drive.

-- Jake

Thanks for the answer! I already worked out how to rip the games - the + wasn't working, then I realised my pal swapped the USB HDD when I wasn't looking so I swapped it back to the one formatted t WBFS and it worked fine

So, how do I run ISOs from the front SD slot? Still haven't worked that one out.

jstevenson72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skroooagh said:
jstevenson72 said:
skroooagh said:

1. Yes.

-- Jake

Thanks for the answer! I already worked out how to rip the games - the + wasn't working, then I realised my pal swapped the USB HDD when I wasn't looking so I swapped it back to the one formatted t WBFS and it worked fine

So, how do I run ISOs from the front SD slot? Still haven't worked that one out.

Apparently its not made to work that way.

Is there a reason you are needing to run from an SD Card? Just copy the files to the HD or USB Flash drive...

Jake

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
laugh.gif
You just said I could! No big deal. It's easier that way as I'm doing this for a friend and I don't think he has room in his cabinet to plug anything into the USB slot - I have the SD cards running from an adaptor sticking out of the back and even that is too big.......

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
One more n00b question - I can run a game just fine when booting USB Loader GX via HBC but when I reset and go to boot another game via the same method they freeze at a black screen and I have to turn off the Wii by holding down the button and unplug/plug back in the USB before it'll load another game. Anyone know what the deal is here?

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried searching but didn't find any similar question so I'll ask here...
I created a channel for super smash bros brawl so I load the game via usb instead of loading the disc since I prefer not having any disc in the wii.

Anyway, everytime I finish classic I get a read disc error and I have to power my wii off so it never saves after I finish classic without the disc
frown.gif

it's the only problem I've had with brawl from loading via usb.
How can I fix this? If there is a thread including the solution for this problem, please link me there, thanks.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Viteh said:
I'm considering buying a new Wii

will the lastest available Wiis load backups too?
Depends on what disc drive you get
Some drives can't read burned DVD's
All new wii's can load from USB fine though

air2004 said:
how can I play iso files off a 8 gig sdhc card ? I would really like to play the new FF
Get an USB loader that can load from SD (like Configurable USB loader)

skroooagh said:
One more n00b question - I can run a game just fine when booting USB Loader GX via HBC but when I reset and go to boot another game via the same method they freeze at a black screen and I have to turn off the Wii by holding down the button and unplug/plug back in the USB before it'll load another game. Anyone know what the deal is here?
It's a bug. hat loader and cIOS do you have

QUOTE(icemasta @ Dec 21 2009, 08:16 AM) I followed the guide:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890
and I installed cIOS on IOS36.
From the looks of it, I should have installed in on 249. Can I run the cIOS installer again and pick IOS249 or did I do it right?
The cIOS installer only asks what IOS it should use to install the cIOS. It will always be installed as IOS249 (and a backup at IOS250)

QUOTE(Ghork @ Dec 21 2009, 10:53 AM)
I created a channel for super smash bros brawl so I load the game via usb instead of loading the disc since I prefer not having any disc in the wii.

Anyway, everytime I finish classic I get a read disc error and I have to power my wii off so it never saves after I finish classic without the disc
frown.gif

How can I fix this? If there is a thread including the solution for this problem, please link me there, thanks.
What cIOS do you have/use? waninkoko's rev14 has dual layer problems (for games like brawl). Try one of hermes cIOSs

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Ghork said:

frown.gif

What cIOS do you have/use? waninkoko's rev14 has dual layer problems (for games like brawl). Try one of hermes cIOSs
oh right, I remember reading that it could have difficulty reading dual layer discs, I use waninkoko's rev14
ohmy.gif

what are the advantages/disadvantages with rev13 and rev15?
when I first tried hermes cIOS'es the wii couldn't read the HDD
ohmy.gif

EDIT: I installed rev15 but now brawl just freezes when I try playing the "sonic joins brawl" video which before gave me a disc error
ohmy.gif

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
cobleman said:
skroooagh said:
tj_cool said:
It's a bug. hat loader and cIOS do you have

USB Loader GX, Hermes 222, installed as 38 merged with 37.
Instead of clicking on Wiimenu click on reset

Won't that just reset the game rather than allow me to choose another one? I'll try anyway.

Another dumb question: how do I create partitions on an 8GB SDHC card via Windows? Disc Management wouldn't let me add any.

Velocity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jstevenson72 said:
Velocity said:
jstevenson72 said:
Velocity said:
Hi All,

I have a PAL Wii it was originally running a WiiKey V1 (which is still installed) however a while ago a went the softmod route and put all my games on a USB HDD. I was running FW3.2E and everything was working fine.

I have only recently come back to my Wii (haven't used it for over 6months...) and I decided to update to FW4.1E which all went fine, I also updated my CIOS to Ver 14...However USB Loaders won't recognise my HDD. I have tried CfgUSBLoader and USB Loader GX both with no luck. As I said I know the HDD was fine as I was used to use it all the time, I even plugged it back into my PC and opened up WBFS Manager to see if all the games were still visible on the drive and they appeared fine. I have also made sure that the USB cable is plugged into the Left Slot (the bottom one if laid down flat) still with no luck...does anyone have any ideas,

Thanks,

Vel

USB Loaders work better with Rev 15, I suggest you upgrade to r15 and give it a try.

Thanks for the response,

However I've now updated the CIOS to R15, still getting the same error.
The exact message is:
ERROR! (ret = -1)
Make sure USB port 0 is used!
(The one nearest to the edge)

Vel

Personally I do not use cIOS 249 r15, because I needed more compatibility with USB drives. For my drive to work, I use Hermes cIOS 222 v4.

Then I use (or I used to until I installed PriiLoader) a forwarder channel, and install the boot.dol file for the loader of choice that is set to boot from cIOS 222. For WiiFlow this require you copy the correct boot.dol file into the USB:/apps/wiiflow folder.

Give Hermes cIOS a try and see if you get better compatibility...

When installing Hermes I usually do the following to also enable RockBand, etc. microphone support; install 222 (38), then 223 (38 merged 37), and finally 202 (38 merged 60). All three should be able to be installed if you find the correct installer.

Good Luck,

Jake
Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately this hasn't work, I also tried doing a system restore, reinstalling HBC and the Hermes CIOS and I also tried a WD Passport HDD and I still had no luck,
Vel

Edit: Nvm, I sorted it, for some reason whenever the Wii is stood up I forget which way it should go and always put disks in the wrong way etc, so it turns out I was using the wrong port...

Thanks for the help anyway guys

liftedplane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jstevenson72 said:
liftedplane said:
I have USB loader GX.. it runs fine however I have no box or CD artwork... I've looked all over and tried a few things... I get nothing

any ideas what is causing the problem?

So have you clicked on a box image, to get the menu to download covers?

-- Jake
wow... I'm an idiot. thanks

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
gameguy95 said:
what does a "virgin" wii mean? my dad thinks it means a brand new wii fresh out of the box but doesn't it mean that it just doesn't have any hacks on it?
Virgin means it has no hacks on it
Like if it was new
There are methods to remove all hacks, which are called revirginizing.

GeeMann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ConfigUSB Question(s)

I am using the newest CFGUSB v.50 and also using a forwarder. I have read that CFGUSB now supports NTFS. Is this correct? If so do I dump all backup ISO's to the root of the external HDD? Is there any special config items that need to be addressed other than changing partition=NTFS? I am playing with a WD 320GB External HDD atm for testing and get all working properly. If sucessful I will load all on a 1.5TB HDD that is compatible.

Thanks for the replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_is_cool, happy birthdayn't