cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
segasaturn said:
segasaturn said:
cobleman said:
krystaldark said:
I have a problem with random games not working, while other games that have known issues do work. Was wondering if anyone else had the same problems.

Setup:
4.1U Waninoko IOS249 rev14
Configurable USB Loader v48b (I run all games from a WD My Passport)
All IOSes updated and installed through DOP-IOS or Wad Manager (e.g. 38, 53, 56 etc.)
Hermes IOS 222/233 selectable

At the moment my biggest issue is Guitar Hero 5 not working, while Band Hero does. This is crazy, as they use the same engine and should work with exactly the same settings. Both are NTSC versions, I've tried several different settings even though it should be the same for Band Hero for GH5 yet still only a black screen. It's not a bad rip, as the same file works on my friend's Wii (although theirs is PAL).

I also get black screens on Disney Sing It, Karaoke Revolution American Idol, Big Brain Academy, all NTSC.

Games that do work are Beatles Rock Band (PAL), Band Hero (as mentioned), Guitar Hero World Tour, New Super Mario Bros, Karaoke Revolution American Idol 2, and many other games that have caused problems. Anyone have any insight please?
use 222 and block ios reload try it

Having the same problems, I tried using 222 and block IOS, and all I get it a black screen.

Also getting an eternal load screen with Rock Band 2.
Both are NTSC, both proper rips.
Are you useing hermes ios222 rev4 or rev3 if you are on 3 install rev4 with 222 38 merge 37 and 223 38 merge 60 and try with block ios again

segasaturn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cobleman said:
segasaturn said:
segasaturn said:
cobleman said:
krystaldark said:
I have a problem with random games not working, while other games that have known issues do work. Was wondering if anyone else had the same problems.

Setup:
4.1U Waninoko IOS249 rev14
Configurable USB Loader v48b (I run all games from a WD My Passport)
All IOSes updated and installed through DOP-IOS or Wad Manager (e.g. 38, 53, 56 etc.)
Hermes IOS 222/233 selectable

At the moment my biggest issue is Guitar Hero 5 not working, while Band Hero does. This is crazy, as they use the same engine and should work with exactly the same settings. Both are NTSC versions, I've tried several different settings even though it should be the same for Band Hero for GH5 yet still only a black screen. It's not a bad rip, as the same file works on my friend's Wii (although theirs is PAL).

I also get black screens on Disney Sing It, Karaoke Revolution American Idol, Big Brain Academy, all NTSC.

Games that do work are Beatles Rock Band (PAL), Band Hero (as mentioned), Guitar Hero World Tour, New Super Mario Bros, Karaoke Revolution American Idol 2, and many other games that have caused problems. Anyone have any insight please?
use 222 and block ios reload try it

Having the same problems, I tried using 222 and block IOS, and all I get it a black screen.

Also getting an eternal load screen with Rock Band 2.
Both are NTSC, both proper rips.
Are you useing hermes ios222 rev4 or rev3 if you are on 3 install rev4 with 222 38 merge 37 and 223 38 merge 60 and try with block ios again
That's the version and setup I'm using :/

Flaming

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys. I want to know what I need to do to play WiiWare games in my Wii. I guess it was hacked with the Twillight Hack.

And I have been experiencing some huge loadings in some games, like Need for Speed Undercover, and some games like Wario Land and WarioWare Smooth Moves just slow down at the cinematics, there is anyway to make it normal? I use Philips/LG media (can't find sony or verbatim lol)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, quickie question.

I burned SSX Blur a few days ago onto a disc and tried loading. However, it goes to black screen after the wrist strap warning every time.

I'm using uLoader 3.1 (with discs), cIOS rev15, and am on system menu 4.0.

And no, I can't use a USB device to load it.

Aerundel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the Wii's USB port able to drive a laptop HDD in an enclosure? Right now I use an externally powered 3.5" drive, but I'd like to do away with the giant power brick and travel with a nice little 2.5" drive and a short USB cable.

EDIT: Looks like the enclosure I have picked out is OK, according to the compatibility list in another sticky.

segasaturn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
segasaturn said:
segasaturn said:
That's the version and setup I'm using :/
Hm.. seems GH:Van Halen works, too. Odd..
List of cIOSes installed:
cIOS38r15
222 installed as 38 merged 37(r4)
223 installed as 38(r4)
and 202 installed as 38 merged 60(r4)
and mios patcher.

Don't see why the RB and GH5 games shouldn't work now
frown.gif

cgpr4life2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems installing my games to my hard drive using homebrew (starts installing and eventually freezes). So is there a way for me to upload my iso's on to my laptop and then install them from my laptop to my hard drive?

icemasta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best version of the Wii to be on when installing the usb loaders? My brand new Wii should be at 4.0, so is that fine for all the games present to run?

The most important thing to run these loaders is to install cIOS right?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
icemasta said:
What is the best version of the Wii to be on when installing the usb loaders? My brand new Wii should be at 4.0, so is that fine for all the games present to run?

The most important thing to run these loaders is to install cIOS right?
It doesn't matter if you have USB loaders (I wouldn't recommend 4.2 though)
All you need for them is a cIOS (either waninkoko's cIOS rev14 or 15, or hermes cIOS rev4)

davery22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,
I'm fairly new to the wii homebrew world. Particularly to backup loaders.

I want to setup my wii so I can create backup iso's of my games with superdump (preferably as I believe it's the fastest around atm)

I also want to run USB Loader GX for running my backup iso's off USB HDD.

I've read around and found that perhaps the IOS revision I'm running (R14) will cause problems with Superdump.

As such, is anyone able to advise, if I downgraded to R13, would it have any adverse affects on USB Loader GX? Or anything else on my system for that matter?

Any help is much appreciated, many thanks in advance,

Cheers
Dave

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cgpr4life2 said:
I'm having problems installing my games to my hard drive using homebrew (starts installing and eventually freezes). So is there a way for me to upload my iso's on to my laptop and then install them from my laptop to my hard drive?
yes by using super or a similar app

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi - it's been ages since I've messed with any homebrew stuff so hopefully you guys can help me out:

-Will USB Loader GX allow me to play ISOs from the front SD slot?

-What's the best way to rip Wii discs from the Wii to USB/SD? I've seen a bunch of methods but I dunno what's easiest, what's most up-to-date, what's fastest, etc. I tried the + button on USB Loader GX and got a code dump, but I don't have a WBFS-partitioned HDD or anything so it could be due to any number of issues.

Anything you could tell me would be much appreciated - trying to set up a friend's Wii as an Xmas gift. Thanks in advance!

Velocity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

I have a PAL Wii it was originally running a WiiKey V1 (which is still installed) however a while ago a went the softmod route and put all my games on a USB HDD. I was running FW3.2E and everything was working fine.

I have only recently come back to my Wii (haven't used it for over 6months...) and I decided to update to FW4.1E which all went fine, I also updated my CIOS to Ver 14...However USB Loaders won't recognise my HDD. I have tried CfgUSBLoader and USB Loader GX both with no luck. As I said I know the HDD was fine as I was used to use it all the time, I even plugged it back into my PC and opened up WBFS Manager to see if all the games were still visible on the drive and they appeared fine. I have also made sure that the USB cable is plugged into the Left Slot (the bottom one if laid down flat) still with no luck...does anyone have any ideas,

Thanks,

Vel

jstevenson72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Velocity said:
Hi All,

I have a PAL Wii it was originally running a WiiKey V1 (which is still installed) however a while ago a went the softmod route and put all my games on a USB HDD. I was running FW3.2E and everything was working fine.

I have only recently come back to my Wii (haven't used it for over 6months...) and I decided to update to FW4.1E which all went fine, I also updated my CIOS to Ver 14...However USB Loaders won't recognise my HDD. I have tried CfgUSBLoader and USB Loader GX both with no luck. As I said I know the HDD was fine as I was used to use it all the time, I even plugged it back into my PC and opened up WBFS Manager to see if all the games were still visible on the drive and they appeared fine. I have also made sure that the USB cable is plugged into the Left Slot (the bottom one if laid down flat) still with no luck...does anyone have any ideas,

Thanks,

Vel

USB Loaders work better with Rev 15, I suggest you upgrade to r15 and give it a try.

Velocity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jstevenson72 said:
Velocity said:
Hi All,

Thanks,

Vel

USB Loaders work better with Rev 15, I suggest you upgrade to r15 and give it a try.

Thanks for the response,

However I've now updated the CIOS to R15, still getting the same error.
The exact message is:
ERROR! (ret = -1)
Make sure USB port 0 is used!
(The one nearest to the edge)

Vel

liftedplane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have USB loader GX.. it runs fine however I have no box or CD artwork... I've looked all over and tried a few things... I get nothing

any ideas what is causing the problem?

jstevenson72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
liftedplane said:
I have USB loader GX.. it runs fine however I have no box or CD artwork... I've looked all over and tried a few things... I get nothing

any ideas what is causing the problem?

So have you clicked on a box image, to get the menu to download covers?

-- Jake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun