• Views 511,892
  • Replies 3,809
  • Likes 6

Haemogoblin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No error, i had to change the region to region free. But it still refuses to boot up, just black screen. The only thing i can do, is hold the power button on the console.

PaxterBaxter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so its been like a year that i have been trying to play games of my flahsdrive on USBgxLoader but the outcome is always the same: after I load the game (from the USBgxloader) the screen just becomes black. So for all this time being I looked for answers a lot of people suggested to get v10 beta52 d2x-v10-beta52 which i did and it still didn't work. I basically tried to download all Cios suggested from the Threads. Then I saw that the problem might be my Flashdrive and it was suggested to try on a ext. HDD but sadly Im not capable to get my hands on one. But then I saw that a lot of people got their games working on Flashsdrives.
So i guess my initial question is what can I do to stop the "blackscreen problem" and how do I make sure the problem is my flashdrive or my wii.
Edit: Also To play SMG2 i need to enable the "02 error fix" but theres no option to do so.
Sorry if this question wasn't suppose to be on this thread.
FIXED: i resorted by using Modmii and by seeing what device are compatible and its just happened to be I had a Kingston 4GB DataTraveller Flashdrive and by doing the games are working. Now just gotta find a flashdrive with more storage

UserMCSkull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi I'm trying to install Kirby's Return to Dreamland into Wiiflow, however I cannot find the file within my SD card in-which I have to put the game.

I already have Wiiflow however my brother added all previous games, what is the name of the file where I can put the games within?

I know it's probably in the USB, but whenever I try to open the USB it just asks me to format it.
I think that if I format it everything will be deleted, so what do I do?

Last edited by UserMCSkull,

PaxterBaxter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm trying to install Kirby's Return to Dreamland into Wiiflow, however I cannot find the file within my SD card in-which I have to put the game.

I already have Wiiflow however my brother added all previous games, what is the name of the file where I can put the games within?

I know it's probably in the USB, but whenever I try to open the USB it just asks me to format it.
I think that if I format it everything will be deleted, so what do I do?
Your USB should be formatted FAT32 and in the root must have a folder named "wbfs" and in that u need a folder named "GAME NAME [game id]". In your case sdcard://wbfs/Kirby's Return to Dreamland[SUKE01]/suke01.wbfs.

Reactions: jeannotte

nickbadge2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have been testing the Wiiflow plugins features for quite some time now. I have tested N64 cores, A2600, SNES, even the Sega CD one that required the BIOS to be inside /retroarch/system for it to work, and modern CHD files. Everything works like a charm!

So I am trying to find a suitable MAME plugin. I have two different romsets, one for MAME 0.37b5 (mame4all-pi or lr-mame-2000) and one for 0.134 (SDL MAME-ToadKing). ANY will do, I don't care. I just need to play the old titles, Phoenix Ms Pacman Moon Cresta. My only requirements are: a. Single core and b. USB compatibility (not SD, I only use USB). So far, MAME works with both romsets, but no joy with Wiiflow. When I call MAME as a Wiiflow plugin, it either brings up the selection menu for the games or worse, crashes back to Wii intro.

Can anyone please provide me with a MAME .dol that will work as a Wiiflow plugin for any of my romsets? Thanks in advance.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been testing the Wiiflow plugins features for quite some time now. I have tested N64 cores, A2600, SNES, even the Sega CD one that required the BIOS to be inside /retroarch/system for it to work, and modern CHD files. Everything works like a charm!

So I am trying to find a suitable MAME plugin. I have two different romsets, one for MAME 0.37b5 (mame4all-pi or lr-mame-2000) and one for 0.134 (SDL MAME-ToadKing). ANY will do, I don't care. I just need to play the old titles, Phoenix Ms Pacman Moon Cresta. My only requirements are: a. Single core and b. USB compatibility (not SD, I only use USB). So far, MAME works with both romsets, but no joy with Wiiflow. When I call MAME as a Wiiflow plugin, it either brings up the selection menu for the games or worse, crashes back to Wii intro.

Can anyone please provide me with a MAME .dol that will work as a Wiiflow plugin for any of my romsets? Thanks in advance.
try the mame-wii plugin.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/r3rdysh5ancsso8/mame-wii_plugin.zip/file

it should work with your 0.134 rom set.
put your roms in usb:/mame/roms

although my roms are on SD and i never tried USB.

nickbadge2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
although my roms are on SD and i never tried USB.
Thanks very much for your answer... Unfortunately this only works for the roms on SD and not USB. Maybe someone can compile a version with support for USB, or even better, both locations.

Btw great work from everybody, especially you @fledge68 I wish there was a PC emulation frontend as good and elegant and versatile as WiiFlow. Cheers for your hard work, it is greatly appreciated!

UserMCSkull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Your USB should be formatted FAT32 and in the root must have a folder named "wbfs" and in that u need a folder named "GAME NAME [game id]". In your case sdcard://wbfs/Kirby's Return to Dreamland[SUKE01]/suke01.wbfs.

Thank you but whenever I try to open my USB, it asks me to format it.

If I don't format it, it won't allow me to have access to it.

If I do that, will my games just get deleted? I accidentally formatted my hard drive and all my Wii U games got deleted that way, so I'm honestly a bit scared about formatting my USB.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Thank you but whenever I try to open my USB, it asks me to format it.

If I don't format it, it won't allow me to have access to it.

If I do that, will my games just get deleted? I accidentally formatted my hard drive and all my Wii U games got deleted that way, so I'm honestly a bit scared about formatting my USB.

That is because your USB Drive is formatted with the WBFS Format.
Not to be confused with WBFS Games Format please.
Please use FAT32 instead.:)

USB HDD - formatted with FAT32
Wi Games - has to be in Folders as WBFS Files.

Thank you.:)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I accidentally formatted my hard drive and all my Wii U games got deleted that way, so I'm honestly a bit scared about formatting my USB.

You maybe know,you need 2 different USB HDDs for Wii U and Wii Games ? :)

Reactions: jeannotte

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You maybe know,you need 2 different USB HDDs for Wii U and Wii Games ? :)

That's not entirely true. You can install Wii games to your Wii U home menu as Wii VC Injects. I used to have 2 harddrives (one for Wii U stuff and the other for Wii) but now I just use one Wii U formatted drive. The program I used to help me do this was Wii U USB Helper. There are other programs too that offer support for more games but I never used them so you'll have to fo some searching on your own for that.

t0_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haven't used my wii for a while, so a bit rusty. Using CFG USB loader v70.65. as my main backup loader.
Some games I used to be able to choose are suddenly gone and new files are not recognized. Copied a few wbfs games in /wbfs but the loader didn't see them.
Tried to install another loader on my SD card (GX loader) and extacted it in /apps. After booting GX loader didn't show up in my menu. So still stuck with CFG loader..

Then tried to rip one of my games with CFG USB loader from DVD and that one was placed in a directory with name of the game. The directory contained a wbfs file with txt file. That one is seen by the loader and worked fine.
I think I used to just copy all wbfs files in the /wbfs directory and they automatically worked.

Any suggestions - did I forget one obvious step?

[Edit] I did say I was rusty :) Forgot that you need a forwarder to start a loader from menu instead of HBC. So fixed that, but had the same issue with GX USB loader.
Then changed wbfs files - added them in a directory with name of game + [ID#], changed the file to ID#.wbfs
All are working now. I still don't understand why some of the games worked without this approach, but nevermind... it is solved.

Last edited by t0_0,

Unnamedium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a way to install Virtual Console games exactly as they are on the E-shop? I saw that several VC games already there don't function propely when injected (like Castlevania 3 or Advance Wars Days of Ruin).

Talbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've just got back into Wii now my daughter is old enough to play.
I'm trying to get her into retro gaming as well so have added some emulators. As she is from the iPad generation, I need a way for her to pick easily based on picturs etc. I saw Rhapsodii Shima 5.4 and it looks perfect!

My issue is I installed the Homebrew Channel and WiiFlow v2.1 several years ago and I can not remember anything about it.

I've had a look at what is out there but nothing tells me an upgrade route I know I need WiiFlow Lite but when I tried to install that it looked on DVD and not the USB for games.

My main worry is that the changes I make could cause what I currently have to stop working.

Should I wipe everything and start afresh or attempt to upgrade? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Infomaniac95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bit of an unusual question.

On the PS2, there is an app called Open PS2 Loader, which has the ability to load games over SMB. So, I could have my PS2 connected to my router, and then it's able to read files off my PC, and essentially stream the game to the console.

Is a similar concept possible for the Wii? 16gb flash drives can only hold so much, and I don't quite have the money for getting a powered external drive.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a bit of an unusual question.

On the PS2, there is an app called Open PS2 Loader, which has the ability to load games over SMB. So, I could have my PS2 connected to my router, and then it's able to read files off my PC, and essentially stream the game to the console.

Is a similar concept possible for the Wii? 16gb flash drives can only hold so much, and I don't quite have the money for getting a powered external drive.
I believe this thread will answer your question

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2