QUICK/NEWBIE QUESTIONS here!

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by OSW, May 17, 2009.

1. BrineBlade

BrineBlade Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    Ah, that makes more sense Thank you for helping me with this.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  2. NepuNepu

NepuNepu Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2018
    United States
    I'm trying to set up USB Loader GX to play Xenoblade Chronicles. When I launch USB Loader GX, it tells me that because it's on IOS 58, some games won't work; trying to launch XC boots me back to the Homebrew Channel. I'm not really sure what I need to do to make it work, and it doesn't help that I haven't touched homebrew since before the Wii U launched. I tried reading a few guides but I don't remember enough to actually follow them. Do I just need to install an IOS I don't have, like 59?

Edit: I found what I needed in the first reply to "D2X and cIOS 249 Confusion"

Last edited by NepuNepu, Mar 19, 2018
  3. tydaze

tydaze Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2018
    United States
    With the Wii Shop Channel closing soon, and just a few days left to add Wii Points, I've become interested in learning how to set up an emunand to install Wii VC and Wiiware backups on my Wii.

What would be the simplest way to do this? I found the guide "WiiFlow-Mod and Emunand" posted here by AbdallahTerro in 2012. Is that still a good guide to follow, or is there a better way now?

4. yayxiamon

yayxiamon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2016
    United States
    Hello, I need help with usb loader gx:
    It was working fine until I accidentally made my usb raw and had to reformat it to FAT32 so I put everything back onto my usb and now every time I try loading a game it crashes to a black screen and I’ve tried everything please help.

5. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Can I run Wii backups from an SD card? I read that Wiiflow can but the setup tutorials I saw say nothing about it

6. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    Yes you can, but i recommend an USB, cheaper solution.

7. LukeHasAWii

LukeHasAWii GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 24, 2016
    United States
    Iowa
    Yep. I know for sure CFG loader does it

8. Nerdtendo

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    I already have an unnecessarily large SD card and I don't have a usb drive. Is there a downside to playing from SD or is the experience the same?

EDIT: I just read that SDXC doesn't work. Oh well, I'll just buy a thumb drive.

Last edited by Nerdtendo, May 29, 2018
  9. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Don't do that. Flash drives generally don't work on Wiis.

10. kostas sfirakis

kostas sfirakis GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2015
    Greece
    crete
    Issues with cioses (vwii)

I am trying to make wiiflow work again I am having serious issues with cioses i always try to reinstall ios 236 and then 249 250 251 using d2x cios installer for vwii and choosing between alt vwii beta 53 or beta 52 but ino difference some versions of wiiflow work some others no so i try to load ios 249 or ios 250 or 251 and sometimes it recognizes my hdd my games and etc but only on ios 251 and beta 53... then i try to load ocarina cheats on super mario galaxy for example and cheats never load ... the games at general load only on ios 251 (beta 53) and on usb port 1 instead of 0. Wiixplorer also has issues reading my hdd it only reads on ios 251 and it shows the 2 partitions duplicated too but it works in general.. then i try to reinstall nothing changes or wiiflow breaks and needs reinstall and clear channel data and etc.... I would really appreciate some expert's assistance :/... I have tried everything I should try... i will reply if you need more info for now i will upload the log files of sys check EDIT: HDD was working fine before (it has external power 2 partitions 1 fat32 500gb with wii games and the rest 1,3tb ntfs partition with other files)

Attached Files:

Last edited by kostas sfirakis, Jun 4, 2018
  11. ZombiWorkshop

ZombiWorkshop Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Having a proper newb moment. Ive got USB Loader GX on my Wii (Pal version). Most wii games work absolutely fine. I've set up Emunand, and installed a ton of Wads to try out. Problem is that the majority of these Wads don't work. I've trawled forums forever and I'm certain that I've got the correct Cios and tried under both 249 and 250 to work. I've also forced vidmode to Pal480p. Still, on the majority of games I get a black screen and have to hold the power button on the wii to turn it off. ANY help at all, or is it just a matter of 'most games don't work'. :/

12. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 11, 2012
    United States
    Riverside, CA
    I use an PNY 256GB SDXC and it works just fine. I think any menu version 4.1 and above can read the larger cards, you just need to make sure to use the proper program that can format it to FAT32.

I have Wii & GC games on my 256 SD card I'm able to load with CFG USBLoaber & USB Loader GX when my external USB is not attached or when I'm modding a new setup so I can check to make sure things are working correctly. The SDXC cards will work just fine for you, but use FAT32 GUI Formatter to get it formatted correctly.

FAT32 GUI Formatter links -
    32bit version: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/download/fat32format.zip
    64bit version: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat-x64.Exe

13. bcass

bcass Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2009
    Island of Dots
    Hi guys. I soft modded my original Wii years ago, but have only just got round to soft modding my Wi-U. Is there an all-in-one loader I can use to play WiiWare, GameCube, and Wii titles from a USB HDD? Preferably something that can still be updated online (within the app) and something that adds a forwarder channel. Thanks in advance for any info.

14. Nerdtendo

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    USB Loader GX

bcass likes this.
  15. bcass

bcass Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2009
    Island of Dots
    Thanks for the quick reply. What is the best anti-brick tool I should install for the vWii? Also, does GX let you play WiiWare games?

Last edited by bcass, Jun 23, 2018
  16. AvatarMew

Sep 5, 2015
    Can I use mutiple Wiimotes with Nintendon't?

17. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Yup. You need a nunchuk or CC for each, though.

18. bcass

bcass Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2009
    Island of Dots
    I'm getting a nag screen everytime I boot up the Wii-U because I have a USB HDD attached that has all my Wii/GameCube games on it. Any way to stop this? The nag message says "You have connected a USB storage device that has not been set up for use with this console - do you want to format the device so that it can be used with this console".

19. Nerdtendo

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    In all honesty, I know little in the area of bricks. I'd ask someone else. I believe USB loader GX can play Wiiware.

20. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    I was wondering this as well.