wee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of softmodding my wii and I have a few questions.

First, just to give you an update of where I am at, I am going to start the Backup Launcher section on this tutorial (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890), I have done everything else on that tutorial but that part. Also, my serial number says LU51xxxxx (just giving you this for a reference of how old this console is) (Apx 1 1/2 years old lol)

So here are my questions.
1. In the Backup Launcher section, I would like to use the backup launcher without the SD card, so I want to do steps b instead of a. So in step 2b) you download the 2 files, however in the second bullet for 2b) it says Copy the file Backup Launcher-WBKL-2.wad into the wad folder on your SD card. Where could I find a copy of this file? Or am I suppose to use the file in the first link of 2b instead?

2. My wii menu is version 3.1U. I would really like to get the console updated a bit lol I was looking at this tutorial (http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2009/04/system-menu-40-installation.html), however it only says it is working on 3.2U, 3.3U, 3.4U (USA/NTSC). Any recommendations?

Thank you very much, this site has been very helpful
smile.gif

-wee

wee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome thanks for the info. With the WAD Manager 1.5. It asks which IOS version to use. HBC says I have IOS36 v12.22 however, default it gives me IOS249, and I think when I got done with the guide at Patching IOS36 we restored to 15, so which one should I use? I have followed this guide to a t, so that is exactly what I have done up to this backup point (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890)

Also, I do have a folder in the root of my sd card called wad with the r7 version file in there.

Thanks again for your help,
-wee

wee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this:

QUOTE said:
# Launch HBC.
# Load PreLoader and press 1 when instructed and PreLoader will install.
# Back in HBC, load cIOS38 rev14.
# Change whatever the default option you see to use IOS36 (since we just patched it) and press A.
# It will ask if you're sure and tell you that your Wii could brick, but it doesn't matter since you have the NAND backup, right?
# You will need a network connection for this-- if not you'll have to find the wad file and put it on the root of your SD before the install.

wee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I installed waninkoko's updater and downloaded the latest updates. Everything went smoothly except for the last one.

Here is what it says:

QUOTE said:
Installing "System Menu 4.1U", please wait...
>> Installing title... ERROR! (ret = -1036)

Otherwise everything else works.

Thanks,
-wee

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thats what i thought.

get NUS Downloader

Check "pack -> wad" on the bottom first
chek.png

and on the top where it says "database"
27840140.png
click &

navigate to system, system menu, choose v449 [4.1u] and click start NUS Download.

get the .wad out of the new folder created where NUS is and install with wad manager.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wee said:
I get the exact same error trying it this way too
frown.gif

ok well run the trucha bug restorer part of my guide, then try again.

wee said:
QUOTE(Lordpoketehpenguin @ Aug 14 2009, 02:13 AM) Make sure he uses dop-ios to install a ios60 with sig has(trucha).

Sorry for double post, but how do I go about this?
Download DOP-IOS, and have it patch IOS60, It is also found in my guide.

wee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome it installed and Wii settings says 4.1U now and I didnt have to do the trucha bug restorer again. However I did notice you select yes for Nand Permissions. I selected No for that when following the youtube video. What does that actually do?

1. When I press Power and Reset at the same time, my Preloader doesnt work anymore. (Update: I reinstalled the preloader and it works now with those 2 buttons, however I still cannot use the hacks.ini file. I have placed it in the root and made sure I am use the NTSC version)
2. Am I allowed to go online with the Wii, or will you be banned?
3. When using the Wad Manager, do I use IOS60 or do I use IOS249 still?

Thank you very much for helping!
biggrin.gif

-wee

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wee said:
Awesome it installed and Wii settings says 4.1U now and I didnt have to do the trucha bug restorer again. However I did notice you select yes for Nand Permissions. I selected No for that when following the youtube video. What does that actually do?

1. When I press Power and Reset at the same time, my Preloader doesnt work anymore. (Update: I reinstalled the preloader and it works now with those 2 buttons, however I still cannot use the hacks.ini file. I have placed it in the root and made sure I am use the NTSC version)
2. Am I allowed to go online with the Wii, or will you be banned?
3. When using the Wad Manager, do I use IOS60 or do I use IOS249 still?

Thank you very much for helping!
biggrin.gif

-wee

1] make sure you are not using a sdhc sd card
2] you can go online, no bans unless you use cheats online.
3] use ios249, its your custom ios.

wee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
1] make sure you are not using a sdhc sd card
2] you can go online, no bans unless you use cheats online.
3] use ios249, its your custom ios.

1. Well theirs my problem
tongue.gif

2. Not a fan of cheats so shouldnt be a problem
3. Awesome, thanks!

Thank you very much for the help, I think I have this nearly completed!
Thanks again!
-wee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-