Questions, rxtools bootloop, game updates and .3ds->.cia

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheGlow, Jan 8, 2016.

1. TheGlow
    OP

TheGlow GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2013
    United States
    Da Bronx
    Hey, I have a few various questions here and wasnt able to really find any info.

1. I was trying to have rxtools boot automatically from cold boot. Setting menuhax to Type 2 for auto boot causes RXtools launching to trigger menuhax again and then eventually freezes with a red screen on bottom. Is there a way to set that up?

2. Games that prompt for an update. I loaded Tomodatchi Life and said there was an update and to go to eShop. This would be independent of System update, correct? My emunand is currently 9.2 still so I am guess (2ds) i would need to update emunand to 10.3 to be allowed into eShop and then update would apply fine?

3. I followed some steps on converting .3ds to .cia. It hady me create a bin file on my pc, copy to 3ds then run rxtools decrypter for xors. My question is are cia's created on 1 system ok for others? Any serial conflicts for online play? I recall reading 3ds needed different fields to not get flagged and banned. And that cia's didnt have that issue and used something else, i think tied to the system.

2. Midvoc

Midvoc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2015
    1 - changing the theme in emunand stopped my o3ds freezing on the red screen after using menuhax to set the whole thing up.

2 - updating emunand to 10.3 is fine for both old 3ds and 2ds but not new 3ds - new 3ds is max of 9.5 i think

3 - not sure about this one - there are cia's available online that are online patched and firmware spoofed etc...

regards

3. TheGlow
    OP

TheGlow GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2013
    United States
    Da Bronx
    1. Perfect, that makes sense. So I guess I can set R as the normal boot button, let Menuhax go once normal, then hold R to bypass 2nd time and then swap themes to kill Menuhax on Emunand
    2. So if I load up eShop, it will fail if on old firmware or go through, in which case updating is fine?
    Is there a tutorial on how package my own downloaded patches? As of now the 2DS's should have no problem updating emu and downloading it but the N3DS im unsure. Or is there a hacked eshop that will allow spoofing of firm version for N3DS?
    3. Ill ask around and see what else I can find.

4. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
  5. TheGlow
    OP

TheGlow GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2013
    United States
    Da Bronx
    Ok, so the ID is generated off the info from the device currently running the game not the one used to decrypt. Thats better. New 3ds is a hassle to keep popping the microsd out of. Always concerned battery may pop out when doing writes.

6. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    also you only need to FW spoof certain games like triforce heroes and if there is an update it also needs to be FW spoofed

7. Midvoc

Midvoc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2015
  8. TheGlow
    OP

TheGlow GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2013
    United States
    Da Bronx
    Thanx for the heads up as Triforce heroes was one I was going to try out.

Thank you. Ill give it a whirl tonight.

9. Xinaman

Xinaman GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2015
    Brazil
    To stop the bootloop, you could also unlink your nands, to do so, remove your sd card then do a system format on sysNAND.