Homebrew Questions on DS2WIN and R4 Firmware

gemcreature

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have a few questions. i wanted to try out the ds2win app for my ds. Im currently using an r4 for this. But i cant seem to get it to work. Its suppose to use wifi to connect to my computer/router idk. the thing is i use my nintendo wifi USB connector because i dont actually have a wireless router at my house. Is it possible to get this to work via my usb connector?? and if so how?

second, i have one of the old r4 right. and i noticed that it hasnt had its firmware updated in forever! is it possible to get it to load a different firmware from another developer without having the hugest risk of bricking my ds? i got it to load dsision and i really liked it but nothing works on it. dldi errors and such and idk anything about patching so id prefer something that auto-patches and has a better menu system than my r4 does. any suggestions?

thanks a bunch in advance. rather new at this whole homebrew scene.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try YSMenu - it's more up-to-date than the original R4 firmware and works a whole lot better. ARM7 patching becomes a thing of the past and the ENTIRE cheat database will show up.

gemcreature

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
Try YSMenu - it's more up-to-date than the original R4 firmware and works a whole lot better. ARM7 patching becomes a thing of the past and the ENTIRE cheat database will show up.
thanks a bunch.

gemcreature

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gemcreature said:
Depravo said:
thanks a bunch.
ok totally spent forever trying to download this ysmenu. and I'm liking it so far. still prefer dsvision but it doesnt work so bleh. the thing is the ysmenu isnt very skin-able. i get the whole change the image and name it the same file as the original but how about the font color? because it totally classes with my theme... is there a way to change it?

oh and my second question still hasn't been answered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk