Questions for 3DS owners

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by TheNikkoMan, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Melee54

Melee54 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2008
    United States
    Well, I suppose you're right. I am pretty picky. It's possible it could have been a power-save function on the demo unit that I played? Or maybe you're right about 3D mode seeming brighter. I'm not sure.

But yeah, definitely on the unit I tried, it wouldn't maintain it's highest brightness setting while using 3D mode.

2. TheNikkoMan
    OP

TheNikkoMan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2010
    Norway
    Oslo
    No, what happens is this: You have 3D off. You turn it on. The second you turn it on, the screen shuts off and on again. It goes so quick you barely notice. Probably to set the screen in 3D mode. While in 3D mode, regardless of the level, the screen will be A TINY bit darker than without 3D. It's even less noticeable. Comprende?

Also, this could be groundbreaking for some: There's an option to delete software from the "Software Library", which is a record of what games (software) you have been playing, when, how many times and so on. However, the game will still be present in the "Daily Records", which is a "Diary" showing when and for how long you played the/a game(s).
    There. You can delete the "Flashcart" game from you library, and Nintendo will never know. Unless they have a secret record which you cannot touch/see. Which is likely. [​IMG]

3. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Disregard that last comment, I read it backwards. (lv4 2d -> 1v5 3d)

But still sound like nitpicking.

4. Oceanborn712

Oceanborn712 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2007
    Gambia, The
    It's getting darker because once you turn on the 3D only half of the pixels reach each eye which means there's only half as much light from the screens arriving at an individual eye which causes your brain to think it's darker. There's nothing that can be done about it because that's an inherent "problem" with stereoscopy.

5. TheNikkoMan
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2010
    Norway
    Oslo
    Why would it matter to the brain weather the two eyes see the light individually or equally? It's the same amount of light in the end anyway.
    Don't kill me for being wrong, I'm talking with logic here. Not knowledge.

6. Oceanborn712

Aug 9, 2007
    Gambia, The
    I don't know, but that's the explanation I read quite often. Can't argue it's not getting darker and that's some kind of explanation so I'll stick with it [​IMG]

7. Jasper07

Jasper07 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 17, 2009
    Netherlands
    Parallel universe
    My logic would be:
    number of eyes x amount of light
    2x2=4
    1x2=2
    ?

8. TheNikkoMan
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2010
    Norway
    Oslo
    Impossible, it'd be like this
    stereostopic:
    2(1x2)=4
    non-stereo:
    2x2=4

This because on stereo, the total light recieved is the same even though it's split past two eyes.
    But, it still seems wrong. Some1 tell me I'm wrong and show us the right equation.

9. Jasper07

Jasper07 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 17, 2009
    Netherlands
    Parallel universe
    ... The 3d in the 3DS is made by sending one image to the right eye and another image to the left eye right?
    so that means that each eye receives one image, which also means 1x the light of that image. If both images are sent to both eyes they receive double the light right?

unless the eyes still receive only one image each, which are the same.

10. bigpaws

bigpaws Cat with da Big Paws!

Nov 22, 2009
    United States
    Nintendo World
    1) yes, the charger port is the same as the dsi, there is no reason at all, why you cant.
    2) if you mean using a singapore dsi charger on it, then yet it works. no matter the charger version, the output to the 3ds is 5v. so if it gets 230v, it turns that to 5v.

11. Caustic6

Caustic6 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2011
    Iceland
    Hey ! just got my new 3DS.
    picked it up with PES (no Multiplayer) and i just oredered SSFIV from Shopto so ill be getting it next weak.

add me:
    4124-4986-6464

12. Oceanborn712

Aug 9, 2007
    Gambia, The
    You have a UK 3DS even though you're in the US? If not you'll probably want to cancel that SSF4 order because you won't be able to play it on a non-European 3DS.

13. Caustic6

Caustic6 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2011
    Iceland
    im not in the us, i forgot to change the state [​IMG]
    anyway- i posted it in the wrong topic XD
    oops...

14. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

So have anybody try putting straps on it, how hard was it?

15. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

Dec 2, 2007
    Perth
    that video makes no sense
    first of all, he tested different games instead of the same game in all four units
    secondly, the ds phat was not plugged in to start with like the others were
    thirdly, a dsi xl would not die before a dsi, xl has far better battery life...

who's to say this klutz that can't even be trusted not to drop a clock on his new 3ds even bothered to completely charge the units before testing?

16. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    Thanks but... I'm still confused.

1) you said charger port, I suppose it's on the 3DS itself. I actually mean by the cradle port. Is the cradle port and the charging hole on the 3DS the same?

2) you see, USA uses 120 V, 60 Hz while Singapore uses 230 V, 50 Hz. I wonder if the cradle (from the US set) actually accepts 100 V - 240 V, 50/60 Hz or just 120 V. That is what I'm unsure of.

17. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
    There is a plug socket on the 3ds the same size as the nds lite one. You can plug it right into the system. The cradle has the same size socket and you can choose to plug it into the cradle and have your 3ds sitting on it.

18. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    THANKS! [​IMG]

But any idea if the CRADLE accepts multiple voltages like phone chargers? I want to charge it on the cradle, looks cooler [​IMG]

19. spiritofcat

spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 20, 2007
    The cradle accepts the same 5v input that the DSi and 3DS accept. The voltage is transformed at the box that plugs into the wall.

20. MakiManPR

MakiManPR Banned

Banned
    Apr 6, 2010
    What video and music files does it support?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted