Hacking Questions... and Supercard SDHC or EDGE?

crazyazn5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone.

I was wondering if i should get this card or the new edge or the dstt on dealextreme.com But I still have some questions on the supercard and which one to get.

1. On the Supercard SDHC, does all of the homebrew's work? Which ones work and which wont dont? I wanted to use ?opera?'s browser, but i heard you could brick your supercard or mess it up somehow. I'm interested in a lot of homebrews that are out.
2. I was wondering how much memory each save would take. I heard that the real time saves take up like 5mb which is a lot.
3. I heard that you could brick it, is it possible? And how would this promblem be fixed?
4. Do you think I should get this card or the edge or dstt?
5. I also heard there were a lot of defective supercard sdhc out there, that there was a 75% that you could get one. Is it true? Because im ordering from either dealextreme or leetmods
6. Is this a good card to start out with if your new to flashcarts slot-1? Since i just got my NDS Lite. But I read a lot about it.
7. Are the settings hard? Because i heard you had to do a lot of stuff to the menu and stuff to make it run faster and have to set a speed on your card.
8. I heard there were like a lot of errors like white screens or just pure black screens, can these promblems be resolved? Also theres the upgrading error like: Read flash id error! Please turn off. 2e0b
9. I heard that the supercard SDHC is really dependable on the type of microSD and where its made from, is this true?
10. Is the menu REALLY slow?
11. Can you explain what the different modes are for? Im still a bit confused.
12. Does the microSD that you buy effect the gameplay?

Thanks for all your help, if you have time you can answer all the questions if you like. Answer a few if you want. Any information would prove useful (except insults).

-Erik AkA CrAzYaZn5

Vodka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. On the Supercard SDHC, does all of the homebrew's work? Which ones work and which wont dont? I wanted to use ?opera?'s browser, but i heard you could brick your supercard or mess it up somehow. I'm interested in a lot of homebrews that are out.

Most work. The Opera browser is not homebrew. I've never heard of the Opera broswer bricking anything.

2. I was wondering how much memory each save would take. I heard that the real time saves take up like 5mb which is a lot.

For normal saves, depends on the game, with the card defaulting to 512K. I don't use real-time save, but no, 5megs is not a lot. Trust me, you think it is, but you're wrong.

3. I heard that you could brick it, is it possible? And how would this promblem be fixed?

I've never heard of that.

I bought this one when my G6 died and I love it. Edge and DSTT are cheaper cards, this one has more features.

5. I also heard there were a lot of defective supercard sdhc out there, that there was a 75% that you could get one. Is it true? Because im ordering from either dealextreme or leetmods

I've never heard that, and the posts on this forum and the SuperCard forum don't support it either. I don't know what you're talking about.

6. Is this a good card to start out with if your new to flashcarts slot-1? Since i just got my NDS Lite. But I read a lot about it.

If you use it in the most basic mode possible, without using the extra features, it's braindead easy. Just copy your ROM to the microSD, push the microSD in your cart, and start playing. That's it.

7. Are the settings hard? Because i heard you had to do a lot of stuff to the menu and stuff to make it run faster and have to set a speed on your card.

You don't *have* to do anything. It will work 99% without doing anything. If you want Castlevania:PoR to run perfect, you may have to test your card speed, but eh.

8. I heard there were like a lot of errors like white screens or just pure black screens, can these promblems be resolved? Also theres the upgrading error like: Read flash id error! Please turn off. 2e0b

Never had a single white screen or black screen on my cart (but, I play in clean-ROM mode.) Every ROM I've used has worked perfect. Edit: I just read some other posts and saw the one you must have read before you asked this question. That guy was asking about the old Slot-2 SuperCards, NOT the new Slot-1 Supercard DS1 SDHC. The two carts have NOTHING to do with each other.

9. I heard that the supercard SDHC is really dependable on the type of microSD and where its made from, is this true?

No, it's not "really dependable" on the SD card. If you play certains games that tax the card more, then yes, you'll need a good microSD card, but this is true for every single microSD cart out there.

No. It's definitely slower than my old G6 Lite, but it's not terrible or anything. Loading a game the first time ever takes a while, but it'll load a lot faster the second time you run it.

Just ignore them until you need them.

You kind of already asked this, but to answer it again, YES, the type of microSD card you buy will make a difference. I have an old A-Data Taiwanese card and Castlevania:POR won't run well at all. Everything else I've tried plays fine.

ChampionTWH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) It all works afaik

2) RTS take a lot of space as you state, it's optional wether you use it on each rom.

3) Only way I know of is upating the firmware on an SDHC version with a non SDHC version.

4) This

5) Could be a bad batch about.

6) fine

7) No

8) Nope, no problems unless your unlucky and get a really crap/fake mem card.. the error you refer to is form a slot-2 SC, solution is to format

9) on all carts, esp SDHC ones make sure to read up and get a verified high speed card.

10) not really it just moonshell, you can also adjust settings in the global.ini file to speed things up

11) you'll have the joy of finding out when you have your cart if you get a scds1

12) on a small handfull or roms yes (applies to all flash carts).. can only think of Castlevania POR, T.Hawks american wasteland, that actually effect gameplay.

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I would throw another cart out there, as the DSTT and EDGE are crap compared to the SupercardDS ONE and the other card I'm going to tell you about, the CycloDS Evolution

Hey everyone.

I was wondering if i should get this card or the new edge or the dstt on dealextreme.com But I still have some questions on the supercard and which one to get.

As for the Evolution, all homebrew works. If you have an EZ Flash 3-in-1 the Evolution will automatically patch the browser to work with its RAM, this also goes for rumble.

On the Evolution, saves take up 512kb. Yes, Real-Time Saves take roughly 4.8MB of space as it is dumping all of the DS' RAM into a file.

You cannot brick an Evolution as it has an extra read-only memory partion where a copy of the loader is stored.

The Evolution most definitely, the EDGE is a cheap knock-off of the Evolution, and the DSTT is very feature-lacking.

No matter what card you end up getting, I would suggest buying from RealHotStuff because they check cards for defects before sending them out. The Evolution's defective rate is probably around 2%-5% like any piece of electronic equipment.

The Evolution is probably one of the most user-friendly cards out there.

The Evolution's has a clean, organized settings menu that you can access easily.

The Evolution does not have any of these, if you do end up with some black screen, then you probably have a defective card, which would be very, very, hard to find.

The Evolution is not dependable on the type of MicroSD and runs all games at full-speed on any card. There is one game that gives almost EVERY card trouble however, and that is Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.

Nope, the Evolution has an extremely fast, clean, professional and user-friendly menu with great touch controls.

The Evolution does need different patch modes and other things like that because it has amazing compatibility, all games run fine on it, and if one is found not working, the team issues a firmware update fast.

No.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
^^^^
Wow, he wanted to know between SCDS1, EDGE or DSTT.... Not about CycloDS.... It's good to know, but it's better if you actually answer his questions.... He might not be able to afford a Cyclo and go with something else, like me. Also, EDGE is better than DSTT. Yes, it might be a Cyclo clone, but it's still very good. I honestly don't care if it is.....

1. You will need a certain kind of slot-2 that has a ram in it to run the Opera Browser. And all of homebrews should work, because they all have DLDI patching.

2. Depends on which game it is. Usually about 512KB. And yes, RTS will take alot of space.

3. You can't brick your Supercard, unless it's defective. Same goes for the DS.

4. SCDS SDHC. Best features, and only $35 dollars from DealExtreme (I got my package today, but apparantly, it's out of stock right now, so they said they'll send me it when it's available.)

5. It's not that high... It's less than half of what you said. But yes, there is a few every once in a while that's defective. Don't worry, Supercard products come with a 1 year warrenty.

6. It has some stuff to go through, but it's not that hard.

7. Not really. Just some things to click, and it'll take less than 5 min. If you're having problems, ask the people on the Supercard forums.

8. I only heard of a case like that just once, and it was before the newest firmware. I hear that's pretty uncommon nowadays.

9. Kind of. It still has some probs on Castlevania portrait of ruin, but then again, almost every single other card does as well. But apparently, even a sandisk card can play everything perfectly, except Castlevania.

10. It's alittle slow, but not THAT slow. It's faster than a M3 real at least.

11. Don't know any actually, so I can't really answer this question.... Sorry.

12. Kind of. But only for 3 games. Tony hawks downhill jam, and both Castlevania series. Other than that, any micro sd (That is class four, or higher) should be fine.

SCDS1 isn't that difficult for beginners. Just ask some questions, and click some option buttons, and you're set to go! Also, it has good features, at a cheap price.

DSTT is a budget cart, but it gets the job done, and really fast. It's also very cheap. The only problem with it is that there's no features, and it has a buggy menu.

EDGE is a cyclo clone, but it's very good still. It has no features, but around 10 languages (For some who might need it), and a lag free menu. The team seems to be updating fairly quickly, seeing that they updated their cart twice in just two days.

If you want features for the price, then go with SCDS1. But if you want something cheaper, but simple to use, then EDGE. If you can spend a lot, go with Cyclo.

Vodka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL euphemism, did CycloDS pay you to write that or what? The Cyclo's a great card and all but damn are you Cyclo users crazy about running around screaming at the top of your lungs about how good it is. (Except for the 10-15% of CycloDS users who had a bad card, of course.) For me, the SDHC has all of the Cyclo's best featuers, is cheaper, easier to find in-stock, and you don't have to drink the Kool Aid when you buy one. (Come on, you say that the Cyclo works with ALL games on ANY card and in the same sentence say that PoR doesn't work right? That just doesn't make any sense. It eithers work perfectly with everything, or it doesn't. And the truth is, it doesn't.)

Anyway, I do second your recommendation for RHS. They're not the cheapest, but let me put it this way--I ordered my SCDS1SDHC on a Thursday morning. That same day, I got my DHL tracking number. The VERY next day, just about 25 hours after I placed my order, I had it in my hand. They're the only place I'll buy carts from.

crazyazn5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU EVERYONE SO MUCH.

Now I really want a Supercard SDHC sounds much better than the dstt and edge. I was mostly worried about the homebrew since i didnt see a lot about it, but since thats cleared up, i really want one
yaynds.gif

THANK YOU

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Vodka said:
LOL euphemism, did CycloDS pay you to write that or what? The Cyclo's a great card and all but damn are you Cyclo users crazy about running around screaming at the top of your lungs about how good it is. (Except for the 10-15% of CycloDS users who had a bad card, of course.) For me, the SDHC has all of the Cyclo's best featuers, is cheaper, easier to find in-stock, and you don't have to drink the Kool Aid when you buy one. (Come on, you say that the Cyclo works with ALL games on ANY card and in the same sentence say that PoR doesn't work right? That just doesn't make any sense. It eithers work perfectly with everything, or it doesn't. And the truth is, it doesn't.)

Anyway, I do second your recommendation for RHS. They're not the cheapest, but let me put it this way--I ordered my SCDS1SDHC on a Thursday morning. That same day, I got my DHL tracking number. The VERY next day, just about 25 hours after I placed my order, I had it in my hand. They're the only place I'll buy carts from.
Damn, that's fast. Too bad they don't ship to Canada.... I had to get one off of DX. Surprisingly, half of the stuff I bought arrived today (It's been exactly two weeks), but they said they'll send the rest when it's in stock. Hopefully, it'll be here soon...

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vodka said:

Crazy like a fox
tongue.gif
PoR has trouble with all cards though, so it's kind of an exception.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7