Hacking Questions about wii (not for newbies)

ng80092a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have some questions, please only answer if you understand what i'm questioning

I used bootmii once to restore a nand backup and noticed it only selected a few blocks, and different each time, why does this happen?
I also used wadmanager to install 2 channels, a first and a second, then i uninstalled the first, and my wii shows a empty space on that one, why didnt my wii made the 2nd channel appear in the right order?
Why when i try to update my wii using wad manager to install the stuff i got trough NUS downloader (i do it in the safe order), after restoring it with nand backup, my wii stops booting? (considering i install all the wads, except the boot one)
If i updated it trough wifi, or a game disc what would be different?
Why is the wii system so fucked up that i've been reading about it for days and still i'm not very sure of what i'm doing and how are things placed on wii when i use wad manager?
frown.gif

Thanks in advance for every light shed on any of those questions, but please, be a little descriptive on the answers so i'm sure i understand..

D

Deleted-171178

From my knowledge, those blocks could be bad blocks.
If you are talking about on the Wii Menu, you can hold A+B to rearrange the channels.
You probably installed a stub IOS or wrong file, bricking it.
If you update through WIFI or game disk, it will install all the latest files.
*shrugs*

BenieUK

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I used bootmii once to restore a nand backup and noticed it only selected a few blocks, and different each time, why does this happen?

It only restores blocks that have been changed since the backup was made, so if you have not done much on your wii not much will need putting back.

QUOTEI also used wadmanager to install 2 channels, a first and a second, then i uninstalled the first, and my wii shows a empty space on that one, why didnt my wii made the 2nd channel appear in the right order?

Hover pointer over a channel, hold the B button and while holding press and hold A button, you can now move the channel to where you want.

ng80092a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1 actually i have restored nand like 10 times, it takes different blocks each time
smile.gif
not even one single was the same

2 i know, thanks, but i wanna know why it takes that displacement

3 no i didnt, cause i redowloaded all the ios 3 times and rechecked them with md5, also i've made several attemps with each of the downloaded versions

4 so NUS downloader doesnt give you the latest files?

5 thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8