Homebrew Questions about TTDS homebrew

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i'm using: 2gb sandisk (microsd) with ttds with latest firmware + ysmenu (latest firmware)

since there is apparently no .pdf viewers i'm looking for:
1. the homebrew/app/program to view the files (name/link would be awesome).
-apparently comicbookds is the best, but i'm not sure how to go about converting the .pdf to cbds's format to view them)

2. a good program to convert a .pdf to a format that will allow the program to view the files on the ttds. (name/link would be awesome)
-i've seen someone say there is a adobe program that will convert .pdf to pictures? anyone have any info on how to do that, or how that works?

if this has already been posted somewhere i appologise, i looked and did not find any useful information.

3. finally, i simply cannot find a working browser for ttds that works. hobro doesn't work anymore i guess? if anyone has any working browsers for ds i would love to know what they are, i haven't been able to find one. (name/link would be awesome).

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hatchetball said:
what i'm using: 2gb sandisk (microsd) with ttds with latest firmware + ysmenu (latest firmware)

since there is apparently no .pdf viewers i'm looking for:
1. the homebrew/app/program to view the files (name/link would be awesome).
-apparently comicbookds is the best, but i'm not sure how to go about converting the .pdf to cbds's format to view them)

2. a good program to convert a .pdf to a format that will allow the program to view the files on the ttds. (name/link would be awesome)
-i've seen someone say there is a adobe program that will convert .pdf to pictures? anyone have any info on how to do that, or how that works?

if this has already been posted somewhere i appologise, i looked and did not find any useful information.

3. finally, i simply cannot find a working browser for ttds that works. hobro doesn't work anymore i guess? if anyone has any working browsers for ds i would love to know what they are, i haven't been able to find one. (name/link would be awesome).
this won't be very detailed,but i'll try...

1.http://cbds.free.fr/softwares/pictods/?language=en
i'm not sure if it converts pdf to it's format tho

there is also dsreader and dslibris,but i think the latter is more on books

2. quick google to pdf to image will bring you results

3.dshobro needs some config,there should be instructions in the download
alternatively,bunjalloo is a good slot-1 browser,but it's a bit slow and may crash.there's also the browser that comes with dsorganize,but use the 3.1 version,not 3.2

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there is no card specific homebrew except for scdstwo/iplayer which have built-in cpus.

dshobro still works, but on windows vista/xp you'll get a popup error (about the zero config connection) that you must leave open, and then instead of connecting automatically you choose the manual connection option and input your pcs info.

Hatchetball

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
there is no card specific homebrew except for scdstwo/iplayer which have built-in cpus.

dshobro still works, but on windows vista/xp you'll get a popup error (about the zero config connection) that you must leave open, and then instead of connecting automatically you choose the manual connection option and input your pcs info.
DShobro doesn't work. I know how to configure internet and all that. Already tried Hobro, it would not work.
As for the cart thing, I was letting everyone know I have a TTDS O.o

@DanTheManMS - The information is nice, but all the links are broken...

@lolzed - I'll try DSorganize for a browser.

Anyone know what program I could use to convert .pdf to .JPEG or something else - to get it to work on the Ds...?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why so they are. Hm. Wonder why the pages are now gone. Also I didn't realize up until now that the author went to my college! Must have been a senior though, as they haven't used the "gtg###" naming system for several years now. Maybe once he graduated they took down his PRISM page?

Either way, GBATemp has a mirror download for ANDS-PDF - http://filetrip.net/f4626-Ands-pdf-1-4.html

Hatchetball

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Why so they are. Hm. Wonder why the pages are now gone. Also I didn't realize up until now that the author went to my college! Must have been a senior though, as they haven't used the "gtg###" naming system for several years now. Maybe once he graduated they took down his PRISM page?

Either way, GBATemp has a mirror download for ANDS-PDF - http://filetrip.net/f4626-Ands-pdf-1-4.html
lol already tried Ands-pdf. It booted fine but once you tried to load anything it would error. It was fail from the start.
That's pretty odd that you went to the same college as that guy :| really, what are the odds? lol

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll fail if the PDF file is nothing but images, yeah. I got it to work on some PDF files with mixed text and image though, but only the text would show up.

Hatchetball

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
It'll fail if the PDF file is nothing but images, yeah. I got it to work on some PDF files with mixed text and image though, but only the text would show up.
There was a few images in the PDF, which is prolly causing it to screw up. I converted it to a text file and moonshell opens it, yay
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr