Homebrew Questions about the Test Menu.

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Since now we can load the test menu with Luma3DS-dev and Corbenik I was thinking about a few things.

1.- Is possible to load another title instead the Test Menu?
2.- Is possible to inject another app into the Test Menu?
3.- Could we load a Home Menu alternative like Gridlauncher/Sunshell instead the Test Menu?

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well.
I guess.
You could.

Either inject another app into it (eeh idk how to do that)
or
Has anyone tried installing an app that's uh, set up to have the same title id and stuff of test menu
kek

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regard to number three, why would you want to reverse engineer the developer firmware in order to do something achievable with A9LH? At least you'd be able to redistribute the A9LH implementation legally.

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In regard to number three, why would you want to reverse engineer the developer firmware in order to do something achievable with A9LH? At least you'd be able to redistribute the A9LH implementation legally.
Afaik the firmlaunch is alreally done in Test Menu (just like in the Home Menu), A9LH itself doesn't do a firmlaunch.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afaik the firmlaunch is alreally done in Test Menu (just like in the Home Menu), A9LH itself doesn't do a firmlaunch.
Well, a home menu alternative can definitely be done with A9LH. All you'd have to do is write an arm9 payload (perhaps with a GUI) capable of performing simple functions, and load that on boot with A9LH. No big deal.

EDIT: And, again, you'd be legally allowed to redistribute it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...