Questions about softmoding (can I's)

steveroo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After the xbox is soft modded can I load roms and emulators from a sd card or usb thumb drive? Can I load movies from the sd card? is the ps1 emulator as good as the psp emulator for playing ps1 games?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry there is no real soft mod for the 360. There is the firmware mod (or DVD flash) which can only play backups from disc. If you want roms/emulators from a HDD/USB drive you will need to hardmod it (RGH or Jtag).

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ehh, hunds, this is the old Xbox section ;p

No you can't.
USB is locked at 1.1 and is just not doable unless you want slow read/write and can be up to the task of soldering a USB port to the controller port.
SD loading simply cannot be achieved since it lacks a SD port/pinouts for an SD port.
Just upgrade the internal HDD drive or burn stuff to a DVD (or upgrade the internal HDD after you dumped your HDD key)

Edit, The emulators are pretty good, don't expect every game to work tho.
Movies can also be played with XBMC 4 Xbox.

steveroo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To transfer files to the xbox; Ftp / file transfer cable / ide cable to a computer or usb hard drive at 1.1 speed?

steveroo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I use a component video cord for all emulators? I know epsxe is composite but unsure of its emulated ouput by original xbox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head