Hacking Questions about old NDS

onecard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've just recently purchased one for 30 dollars w/ supermario bros. I search around the forum and only find thread regarding the lite version.
1) Should I just give up the old version and go with the lite?
2) If I stay with the old, would the lite flash cartridges fit it?
3) Which is currently the best cartridge for NDS and GBA games? (I don't care about movies or whatnot but they would be a bonus)

Question number 3 doesn't need to be answered if question number 2 holds true since there are alot of topics already discussing this matter.

Thanks for reading!

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
1. Only if you think its worth it (ie, you can afford it...) I'm sure you already know the differences...
2. No, the Lite cartridges are shorter. The G6 Lite though, has a shell that would make it fit...
3. Are you talking about flash carts or official release games? Either way, there are plenty of forums on both.

smile.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got a fantastic deal on that NDS...one of the best deals I have heard of thus far. I say stick with it! The Lite unit is nice, but $100 more than you spent for this unit.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
$30 is a nice deal & if you would like to stay cheep have a look at
realhotstuff.com SC SD package.

1 Supercard SD, 1 Superkey, 1 Kingston SD 1 GB memory card for $96.

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You got a great deal, as far as your questions go:
1) At that price I'd just keep the DS fatty, whatever you were planning on spending to upgrade to a lite would just go to your flash cart sale.
2)The lite carts wouldn't fit, but I'd recommend purchasing a G6Lite card. Benifit: Not only would it fit in your old DS, but it also comes with 3 Lite shells (white/black/blue) so you could use the same card down the road with a DS Lite if you did decide to buy one.
3)Again I would recommend the G6Lite card, as it seems to have the best all around performance for not only DS games, but also the whole GBA back catalogue. It runs everything you can throw at it near perfectly, and doesn't show any 'slowdown' in GBA games (unlike some other carts). The main negative people like to bring up about the G6 cards is that they only have 512mb of space on them, but if you're planning on using it just for games you should be more than happy with it. Currently I have 11 DS games, 3 GBA games, and room to spare on my G6.

onecard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your replies guys. I think I'll stick with my fat blue ds for now and get a G6 card as it seems to suit my needs. If I decided to flash it, would the ds lite flashing instructions/tutorials work for my nds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...