Homebrew Questions about ntr- debugger and plugin making?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,175
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted User

OP
1.is there anywhere a guide or documentation about ntr plugins? I wanna make one, but no idea where to start...

2.about the debugger- can it read RAM values in real time (plus minus lag) and get control input from pc to the 3ds? I have some cool ideas...

3.I can run ntr plugins while using the debugger right?

4.is there a demo that can easily show me how to use the debugger? I know C and python (and some other lang;s) and wanna make a pc-side program that interacts with the 3ds via ntr debugger..

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Depends on what you want; Do you want a plugin that uses libGateshark2NTR (has graphical interface, press Start to open) or do you want a libntr plugin (The 'Game Plugin' option that appears in the NTR menu)?

And to answer the questions:

1. Not really, it's more of a look-at-how-other-plugins-work kinda thing.
2. First of all, I recommend this debugger (build of the last commit attached), it makes finding offsets and stuff so much easier and faster. But yes, it can read RAM values in real time.
3. Yes you can use plugins while using the debugger.
4. Using the application I linked above really makes finding offsets and stuff pretty friendly. I recommend building it from source since there was a few bug fixes after the final release. (I attached the built exe to save you the trouble :))

Attachments

• NTRDebugger.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 210
Reactions: Grantman20
D

Deleted User

OP
Depends on what you want; Do you want a plugin that uses libGateshark2NTR (has graphical interface, press Start to open) or do you want a libntr plugin (The 'Game Plugin' option that appears in the NTR menu)?

And to answer the questions:

1. Not really, it's more of a look-at-how-other-plugins-work kinda thing.
2. First of all, I recommend this debugger (build of the last commit attached), it makes finding offsets and stuff so much easier and faster. But yes, it can read RAM values in real time.
3. Yes you can use plugins while using the debugger.
4. Using the application I linked above really makes finding offsets and stuff pretty friendly. I recommend building it from source since there was a few bug fixes after the final release. (I attached the built exe to save you the trouble :))
Ok... im not really into cheats, I wanted a program that looks at a fixed offset in the ram and does cool stuff... anyways, you didnt answer my question- can I get controll input from the pc to the 3ds? Are there any programs that do it and have good, readable source code?
And i dont really understand how your amswer 4 answers my question 4... I wanna make programs which interact with both the 3ds' ram and inputs, any existing thing that does that and has clean code?

Last edited by ,

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Ok... im not really into cheats, I wanted a program that looks at a fixed offset in the ram and does cool stuff... anyways, you didnt answer my question- can I get controll input from the pc to the 3ds? Are there any programs that do it and have good, readable source code?
And i dont really understand how your amswer 4 answers my question 4... I wanna make programs which interact with both the 3ds' ram and inputs, any existing thing that does that and has clean code?
I thought by interact you meant by interact with the ram. NTR debugger can't do interaction with inputs though you could look at how either kit-kat and the input redirection plugin let you do input redirection so maybe look at how that's done. You should look at PKMN-NTRs source code if you want to see a program that 'looks at a fixed offset and does cool stuff'. Though I don't know if the programs above have readable and good source code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-