Apple questions about ipod touch's

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i got my 32gb ipod touch on my bday:) and jailbroke it the next day.i am looking for cydia/rock apps that are good so can you help me find some:)i have backgrounder and i have [Redacted] and i have winterboard and a few others. and i have a few more questions, rock backs up your apps,so does it back up the cydia ones as well as the rock? if i sync my ipod to my pc then will all my cydia and cracked apps leave?if i have appsync on it will sync just the cracked ones right?can apple tell what you sync with your pc?will they know or just think you bought them? and i synced my ipod after jailbreaking and cydia stayed.is that normal?and if i wanted to upgrade so i can have 4.0.1 will i have to back up everything i want to keep? thanks for all your help:)

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Rock and Cydia are compatible with each other (they can install most of the same apps), so yes, Rock would back up Cydia apps.

Syncing is not affected; sync all you want with iTunes! When you sync with iTunes, only App Store apps get synced to your computer. Apple could technically have iTunes report back on if you have cracked apps or not, but they don't.

Lastly, 4.0.1 is not available for iPod touch, just for iPhones. You must mean iOS 4.0.
wink.gif
I recommend performing a full-blown restore to 4.0; 4.0 can be a bit quirky when updating, especially so if it's being updated from a jailbroken setup. Perform a backup of everything you want to keep.

The Ey Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh... Now this is why I decided to not jailbreak my iPod. It makes you kind of paranoid with questions so that your iPod doesn't break itself. So confusing...

Anyway, I dunno the answers to your questions, but I'm just saying.

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I backed it allup and updated to 4.0then I jailbroke with jailbreakme 2.0.but now I have a weird line when I turn my iPod on.it goes away after it goes to the lock screen but it kinda bothers me.I can't get the five collumn rows to work.I got the dock to work but not that.help!I really want my five rows back

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait for it to be updated so it's 4.x-compliant, just like all other apps. Or you can look for an already-compliant app that works the same.

spruced

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joktan said:
i am looking for cydia/rock apps that are good so can you help me find some:)

-flashlight (useful if you keep your iPod on a lower brightness, it maxes your brightness level when you open this app, pretty useful, imo)
-categories (helpful when you want to put things into folders, so that you aren't scrolling through pages of apps, keeps things nice and tidy)
-fontswap (if you dislike the default system font)
-ifile is always useful (helps when moving files internally, though you probably won't need it much, i rarely use it except for when i am customizing icons to match my theme)
-there are a variety of emulators, (i tried the NES and the Gameboy one, the Gameboy one runs a bit slow on my iPod)
-yourtube is useful when you want to save a video offline

Joktan said:
if i sync my ipod to my pc then will all my cydia and cracked apps leave?

I don't know if it's just my version (3.1.3) or what, but whatever I download using [Redacted] and install, iTunes always deletes it when i sync, though it is still saved in the downloads of [Redacted]. Not hard to reinstall, but when you didn't know this and saw the sync delete your almost finished Wolfenstien RPG game, it really sucks. I have encountered no problems when I download the .ipa from my pc and THEN sync it to my iPod.

Joktan said:
can apple tell what you sync with your pc?will they know or just think you bought them?

As far as I know, it's already downloaded, and if it's cracked properly, they won't be any the wiser.

QUOTE(Joktan @ Aug 3 2010, 02:45 PM) and i synced my ipod after jailbreaking and cydia stayed.is that normal?

Yep, the syncing doesn't have any affect on jailbroken apps.

QUOTE(Joktan @ Aug 3 2010, 02:45 PM)
and if i wanted to upgrade so i can have 4.0.1 will i have to back up everything i want to keep?

I would suppose so, but I always do fresh installs when I update which is not frequently at all. It helps me eliminate any clutter I may have accumulated.

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new question.i am asking this for a friend and thought use the tread you already have.ok so in the lockscreen you can double tap the homebutton and music controls come up.is there a way to disable them from coming up.he is on 3.1.2.thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated