questions about ipod touch's

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Joktan, Aug 3, 2010.

Aug 3, 2010

questions about ipod touch's by Joktan at 8:45 PM (1,404 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Joktan
    OP

Member Joktan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    ok so i got my 32gb ipod touch on my bday:) and jailbroke it the next day.i am looking for cydia/rock apps that are good so can you help me find some:)i have backgrounder and i have [Redacted] and i have winterboard and a few others. and i have a few more questions, rock backs up your apps,so does it back up the cydia ones as well as the rock? if i sync my ipod to my pc then will all my cydia and cracked apps leave?if i have appsync on it will sync just the cracked ones right?can apple tell what you sync with your pc?will they know or just think you bought them? and i synced my ipod after jailbreaking and cydia stayed.is that normal?and if i wanted to upgrade so i can have 4.0.1 will i have to back up everything i want to keep? thanks for all your help:)

2. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Rock and Cydia are compatible with each other (they can install most of the same apps), so yes, Rock would back up Cydia apps.

Syncing is not affected; sync all you want with iTunes! When you sync with iTunes, only App Store apps get synced to your computer. Apple could technically have iTunes report back on if you have cracked apps or not, but they don't.

Lastly, 4.0.1 is not available for iPod touch, just for iPhones. You must mean iOS 4.0. [​IMG] I recommend performing a full-blown restore to 4.0; 4.0 can be a bit quirky when updating, especially so if it's being updated from a jailbroken setup. Perform a backup of everything you want to keep.

3. The Ey Man

Newcomer The Ey Man Member

Sweden
    Ahh... Now this is why I decided to not jailbreak my iPod. It makes you kind of paranoid with questions so that your iPod doesn't break itself. So confusing...

Anyway, I dunno the answers to your questions, but I'm just saying.

4. Joktan
    OP

United States
    Ok so I backed it allup and updated to 4.0then I jailbroke with jailbreakme 2.0.but now I have a weird line when I turn my iPod on.it goes away after it goes to the lock screen but it kinda bothers me.I can't get the five collumn rows to work.I got the dock to work but not that.help!I really want my five rows back

5. Dialexio

United States
  6. Joktan
    OP

United States
    Thanks:)it was bugging me.lol.does anyone know how to get five rows on 4.0?

7. TornZero

Member TornZero GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wait for it to be updated so it's 4.x-compliant, just like all other apps. Or you can look for an already-compliant app that works the same.

8. Joktan
    OP

United States
    ok i guess i will have to wait for it then...its weird that the five icon dock worked right away but the springboard doesnt...ohh well i hope its soon.

9. spruced

Newcomer spruced Advanced Member

United States
    I would suppose so, but I always do fresh installs when I update which is not frequently at all. It helps me eliminate any clutter I may have accumulated.

10. Joktan
    OP

United States
    Thanks:)I had just jailbroke a week before jailbreakme 2.0 came out.and the reason they always delete when you sync is because you don't have appsync on.turn it on inside of instalous.

11. spruced

Newcomer spruced Advanced Member

United States
    No prob.

Ohs! Makes sense I suppose. Thanks.

12. Joktan
    OP

United States
    new question.i am asking this for a friend and thought use the tread you already have.ok so in the lockscreen you can double tap the homebutton and music controls come up.is there a way to disable them from coming up.he is on 3.1.2.thanks.

13. Dialexio

United States
    He could set double-pressing the Home button to do something else (like opening SBSettings) via Activator.

14. Joktan
    OP

United States
    Ok I will see if that helps him.thanks:)