Questions about CPK files

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Excellentnuke, Jul 30, 2010.

Jul 30, 2010

Questions about CPK files by Excellentnuke at 9:35 PM (1,590 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Excellentnuke
    OP

Member Excellentnuke GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm working on translating a PSP game, and I decided to ask here since some Google searches brought me to topics in this forum.

To translate the game, I extracted a cpk file and repacked it. However, as I was extracting it, I noticed that there were a bunch of duplicates. Because of this, the filesize of the new cpk was waaay less than that of the original. I opened both in CRI Packed File Maker and found out that there are around 900 duplicates. I don't even know how this is possible. To remedy this, I was thinking of just adding the edited files to the cpk and rebuilding it. I don't know how to do this since CRI Packed File Maker does not let me.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
  3. Excellentnuke
    OP

Member Excellentnuke GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I know about that. CPK files aren't just used for the PSP. Like I said, some Google searches brought me to the NDS Rom Hacking forum, so I figured that there must be a ROM hacker here that can help me out.

4. LyCronos

Newcomer LyCronos Newbie

France
    Game's name ?

5. StorMyu

Member StorMyu "I'm too old for this"

France