Hardware Questions A Lot Of Us Want Answered

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
Cry me a river, ladies. I'm probably getting it around late november.
Cool story bro.

Also, I lol'd at the PSP Go grave.
biggrin.gif

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
here are my un answerd questoins about 3DS
  • does the 3DS still haven a IR port at the back? if so what is it for & can it be used to communicate with the GBC's IR port?
  • What are the picture format & sizes,? i know the DSi pictures are .jpeg 640x480, 0.3MP (& with flipnote .gif)
  • also another question about pics, if you have pics on your DSi would you be able to put those pics on your 3DS? ( & will you be able to view folders?)
  • There any talk on Flipnote 3DS yet? (besides this)
  • has anyone tested SDXL cards on it yet? i know they stated only SD & SDHC but..
  • has anyone tested that one feature that was talked about a while back? the one where you can install more than 1 games on 3DS?
  • how does it feel? from all the pics i see it looks metallic aluminum like the 1st gen iphone really at the back where its silver, is it made of metal?
  • and also we all know about the battery being between 3- & maby 6 hours if your smart. but on pervious,DS, DSL when you remove the battery the system starts over you have to put in everything, i havent tested this on DSi, or DSiXL yet becouse i have pics on my DSi & DSiware, & sudokuhax
    wink.gif
    , but anyway if lets say a person like me were to buy a spare battery somewhere, would i swap it without worrying about losing any data?

UPDATE:
also what arepicture, music & video formats? will we still be limited to only mp4? & also can we finally bring pics from pc to 3DS?
& what about the speakers? are they louder? louder than all the pervious models? i need louder!!! lol

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
TheTwoR's said:
spinal_cord said:
It would be good if someone could upload a couple of 3d photos taken with the 3DS, just to see how ell they turn out, I assume the 3d format can easily be converted into stereo pairs...

I agree with this.
Maybe someone can upload an anaglyph image? I've got some Red/Cyan glasses.

Oh no, not anaglyph! you loose nearly all colour information that way. best kept to cross-eye images, that way people who prefer anaglyph can still convert them afterwards, you can't convert anaglyph to stereo in any meaningful way
frown.gif

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know the 3ds has .3 mp cameras, but do the pictures look better than those of the dsi since the 3ds has somewhat of a higher resolution and can do more colors (dont know if that affects anything)...

bc if theres no difference, the AR games may be less immersive ...i have the dsi and the cameras are awful/grainy. they're only usuable in like bright lighting and very bad in a dark setting.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
phantastic91 said:
I know the 3ds has .3 mp cameras, but do the pictures look better than those of the dsi since the 3ds has somewhat of a higher resolution and can do more colors (dont know if that affects anything)...

bc if theres no difference, the AR games may be less immersive ...i have the dsi and the cameras are awful/grainy. they're only usuable in like bright lighting and very bad in a dark setting.

Well everyone that's tried them says they're better than the DSi's, you know that pic resolution doesn't make the pictures look better on a small screen, what really matters is how sensitive they are to light.

TheTwoR's said:
QUOTE(matt1freek @ Feb 27 2011, 01:56 PM) Can you do wireless transfers between a 3ds and a ds lite? (like for pokemon)

This I'm sure of. But all the questions on the previous page need to be answered.

The 3DS have all of the original DS functions intact. You can use wireless between all DS's, including the 3DS

Can you play US/EU DS games on a Japanese 3DS?

Yes you can, DS games aren't region locked on the 3DS.
There's a video where a guy says he played his US copy of Ghost Trick on a Japanese 3DS.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
^ Thanks Eerpow.
Something just popped up in my mind:
So, that extra white piece popping out of the 3DS carts... It's JUST so you don't put the cart in a DS right?
So if someone cuts off that piece . . .

No, don't get me wrong. I'm not that stupid.

I was just wondering if maybe it would be possible in the future to have some Action Replay cart, or some homebrew loading cart, that is designed for the 3DS with 3DS mode and also works on the DS.

I mean... If the insides of a 3DS cart were THAT different from those of the DS then I doubt Nintendo would bother putting the white thing that sticks out of 3DS carts?

EDIT: kay that was unclear. What I'm trying to say is: Is it possible to have a cart without that thingy sticking out of it to load garbage in 3DS mode and also load DS mode on DS's?

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt they're that different, but if someone manages to take advantage of the 3DS mode, I'm sure someone would release a cart that's compatible with all DS's, I don't think we will have the DS slot 1 and slot 2 problems, in the future I think we will be able to choose and run 3DS and DS games from the same flashcart using the same menu.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
t377y000 said:
here are my un answerd questoins about 3DS
  • does the 3DS still haven a IR port at the back? if so what is it for & can it be used to communicate with the GBC's IR port?
    That would be a nonsense. Why would Nintendo care about GBC owners today? Besides, there wouldn't be a generic "communication" in 3DS's system, rather some features implemented in specific games (e.g. Pokemon).

t377y000 said:
    [*]What are the picture format & sizes,? i know the DSi pictures are .jpeg 640x480, 0.3MP (& with flipnote .gif)
    The cameras seem to have the same resolution as in DSi. Maybe Nintendo has improved their quality a bit, but they're still 640x480, no flash.

QUOTE(t377y000 @ Feb 27 2011, 05:17 AM)
    also what are picture, music & video formats? will we still be limited to only mp4? & also can we finally bring pics from pc to 3DS?

• .MPO for 3D pictures, .MP3 and .AAC for music. No idea about video format. No video recording, although it might come in the future.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
phantastic91 said:

The DSi and 3DS have the same resolution cameras.
The 3DS pictures do look better, probably due to the added pixels of having 2 cameras, and some image trickery.

Skitty22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is pretty cool , because i have a few idea's for a AR card , Maybe a AR May , Dawn , Ash , brock etc from pokemon. then i would create a Lara croft one

Card is not that expensive and my wireless photosmart wont have a problem but it drinks ink like no other and it is ruddy expensive as it needs 4 carts not 2 partly because it is less than a year old and HP wont let anyone make compat ink for it yet , but i dont trust compatable inks anyway they can wreck the printer and the printer maker wont touch it then.

Skitty22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did a translation of the Japanese document from the first page about creating AR cards it is far from perfect but this is what the translation said.

Please cut off politely alongside the dotted line.

Please be sure to print with the colour.

When the card crimps, because with influence increases in recognition precision, it prints with the thick paper the male be completed.

These the pictures are something in order to enjoy with the individual. Please do not do processing and no permission reprint and redistribution etc.

I assume that all basically means use thick card , make sure it is printed in colour or Color and that should be enough , i have the indication that this will work the same way eyepet does with the PS3 in the fact when it sees a drawing through the camera it will put it in ram while needed and recreate it the only difference with eyepet is it stores the images on the harddrive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1