Hardware Question - WiiU Gamepad (constant orange indicator light)

Faran Maqsood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Alright, so I'd like to start off by saying that before making this post, I looked around on gbatemp and reddit but couldn't find anything similler.

I don't use my WiiU a lot but do turn it on once a month when I feel like playing some Nintendoland. As a result, most of the time, the gamepad's battery has usually dried out everytime I turn it on and needs to be charged first. It's been working fine for the past year or so but suddenly, now the gamepad does not turn on even when plugged in and left charging for a while. When I plug in the charger the orange indicator led lights up but the gamepad does not turn on even if I leave it to charge for 15-20 minutes. Removing the charger still leaves the orange led lit and I have to hold the power button to turn it off but the gamepad shows no signs of life apart from the orange light. I've tried different a charger and a different battery but nothing seems to work. I have no electronics experiance and no shop in my area offers WiiU repair services.

Has anyone had this issue or knows how to solve it? Been stuck like this for a month with no idea how to fix it.

MaxiTheFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i having the same issue likely your batterys fucked iid ask a friend or family member if they have a wiiu and if you can try there battery

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Normally I would think about a faulty battery (ultra low discharged cause the gamepad wasn't used for so long), too, but there are multiple hints in the OP that this can't be the cause. First there's the orange led not turning off. So the battery clearly holds some charge, what else should power the LED? Also its suggests an issue with the gamepad itself, not with the battery.
Also @MaxiTheFox ou probably overlooked this:
I've tried different a charger and a different battery

@Faran Maqsood Just a shoot into the blue but the first thing I would try would be to disassemble the gamepad, then clean the PCB carefully with isoprohyle alcohol and a toothbrush. Also clean the charging port with a toothpick or something like that. Ofc. be carefull there, too.
Another thing you could try is to charge via the stand contacts (bottom side of the gamepad) intead of the charging port (upper side). You just need some 5V source (an old USB cable you could cut without beeing worried to damage it would do the job: I'm charging my gamepad via USB all the time)... Polarity I could check for you in case you want to try this (don't try it without knowing the correct polarity!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over