Question when updating to 1.8.6

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Motastic, Mar 5, 2011.

Mar 5, 2011
  1. Motastic
    OP

Newcomer Motastic Member

United States
    I have 1.8.5 on my acekard right now. So do I just copy and paste 1.8.6 over the current 1.8.5? Please help and thank you.

2. hack_ziro

Newcomer hack_ziro Advanced Member

Germany
    yeah you can just overwrite them (if you're win7 user...cuz win7 will not overwrite the folders, it will "integrate" it...so you'll keep your game configs...)
    but i recommend, to backup your games and format your microSD first

3. Mario92

Member Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    Every modern OS can overwrite files and ask wheter to "integrate" files within folder. Geez these microsoft advertisers [​IMG]

Instructions are to backup everything, format card (with panasonic SD formatter or Gparted) and moving new akaio with games and stuff back to card. Least to do is to delete _aio and akmenu4.nds and copy new ones and then just copy needed stuff from last install (themes, cheat database, globalsettings.ini).
    Like hack_ziro said you can overwrite the files but there may come some unknown errors.

If I remember correctly updating akaio is gone through in many topics already and there's also wiki article

4. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I'm pretty sure that Mac do NOT do that which caused an issue with 1.8.5a and people having incomplete folders.
    So screw off with the 'omgfanboi' bullshit.