Hacking [Question] USB Loader & Images/Covers w/o SD?

higuys

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've been away from this stuff for a few months and so much has happened. just a quick question, i think i've already found the answer to this question from searching but i just wanted to make sure. is there any possibly way, or will there be one in the future, to load images/covers from the wii or external hdd without the need for an sd card? i don't think there is a way but i just wanted to make sure.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Good question, would like to know it too.

But AFAIK the SD is needed because the USB Loader starts from SD card.

higuys

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
G0dLiKe said:
Good question, would like to know it too.

But AFAIK the SD is needed because the USB Loader starts from SD card.

yeah but like if you added it as a channel. it would be awesome if it read the images from your hdd so an sd card wouldn't be required.

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
Dudes, it is already possible a long time ago with USBLoader GX. You just need 2 partioins for your hard drive. One is Fat32 and the other is WBFS. If you have it partitioned, then you can follow this steps:
1. Install the USB Loader GX forwarder.
2. Move the USBLOADER_GX from SD:\Apps to USB:\Apps (Your Fat32 partition).
3. Delete the Config files from SD Card.
4. Move the IMAGES, THEMES, CODES to the USB Hard drive.
5. Start the USB Loader GX Forwarder with the SD card not inserted. It will find your USBLOADER_GX from the hard drive and create the config files there.

There you have it, no need for SD card and you can view the Box arts, use Ocarina Codes. Also you can change this settings in USBLoader_GX's PATH.

higuys

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vinzanity said:
Dudes, it is already possible a long time ago with USBLoader GX. You just need 2 partioins for your hard drive. One is Fat32 and the other is WBFS. If you have it partitioned, then you can follow this steps:
1. Install the USB Loader GX forwarder.
2. Move the USBLOADER_GX from SD:\Apps to USB:\Apps (Your Fat32 partition).
3. Delete the Config files from SD Card.
4. Move the IMAGES, THEMES, CODES to the USB Hard drive.
5. Start the USB Loader GX Forwarder with the SD card not inserted. It will find your USBLOADER_GX from the hard drive and create the config files there.

There you have it, no need for SD card and you can view the Box arts, use Ocarina Codes. Also you can change this settings in USBLoader_GX's PATH.

thanks for that, i really appreciate it. =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-