Hacking QUESTION - Starting Fresh on an old Henkaku Enso Install

Jared96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a pretty old install of Henkaku Enso on my vita and i was kind of wanting to start it from scratch again. The vita itself is on 3.65 that i believe was updated from 3.60 using the "3.65 HENkaku Enso Updater" app at the time of me installing CFW on it. I can not access the Enso app as it says i am running to old of a version and need to update Enso to use it, so i can not use that app to uninstall it currently.

So i am essentially wanting to remove this install of Enso and go back to a stock OFW and start the process all over again so i have everything current on it as i run into issues periodically on this install. Any link or knowledge would be GREATLY appreciated as i have not been able to find anything myself.

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've downgraded my vita from 3.65 back to 3.60, no issues here.

Be careful with the enso uninstaller. In case you downgrade to 3.60 or reinstall 3.65 in order to get back to stock, there is no need to run the uninstaller of the enso app, since it's gone already... Running (that old) enso uninstall after a reinstall/up- or downgrade will brick your vita. That was fixed in a newer version.

Jared96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it already have permanent cfw leave it alone , being on 3.60 or 3.65 makes no difference.
I know being on either FW doesnt make a difference, its that i run into crashes often and with me not remembering exactly what i did when i installed the CFW the first time, i dont know where to start troubleshooting those issues anymore

I've downgraded my vita from 3.65 back to 3.60, no issues here.

Be careful with the enso uninstaller. In case you downgrade to 3.60 or reinstall 3.65 in order to get back to stock, there is no need to run the uninstaller of the enso app, since it's gone already... Running (that old) enso uninstall after a reinstall/up- or downgrade will brick your vita. That was fixed in a newer version.

How do i go about actually uninstalling enso and getting back to stock 3.65? thats the part i cant seem to find any for sure information on. unless its just simply a matter of re-installingthe ofw with the PSP2Udat.PUP file?

Last edited by Jared96,

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do i go about actually uninstalling enso and getting back to stock 3.65? thats the part i cant seem to find any for sure information on. unless its just simply a matter of re-installingthe ofw with the PSP2Udat.PUP file?

Yes, thats it, re-install the PUP and the system is stock. In that case you may simply remove the old enso app bubble after the re-install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: