Hardware Question : signing out 3ds keeping digital games and apps

Kaan3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hello , I'm planning on selling my New Nintendo 3DS XL and I want to sign out my NintendoNetworkID on the 3DS , but my 3DS is on Custom Firmware and I want to sell it hacked with all the digital games and stuff , is there any way to sign out on my 3DS but keeping the digital games and apps on the 3DS ??

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't know. All I know is that the games are stored on the SD card, and so you will have to sell the SD card with the system.

Reactions: Kaan3DS

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you bought them, no.
If you downloaded them, no.

You'll only get your legally bought games if you have another 3DS and you contact Nintendo for them to transfer over your games to the other 3DS.
I assume the games will stop working on the 3DS you're trying to sell once you've asked Nintendo to transfer them over.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell whoever you're selling it to that there's nothing currently on the 3DS that they couldn't easily download and install themselves. Unless you're trying to make a buck off their ignorance the fact that the 3DS is already hacked negates any value of the digital games already installed.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you remove Nintendo ID from 3DS, the console deletes the icons but the software still remains installed, save files included.

Sounds weird, I know, but this happened when I removed NID from my niece's 2DS. I got the usual warning that I would lose all games and whatnot. I didn't backup her saves beforehand with JKSM like an idiot. Had a mini heart attack and desperately went to install her game library via FreeShop. Lo and behold, FreeShop is telling me that all of her software was still there. All freeshop did was "pull them out", so to speak. I really don't understand the technical mumbo behind it, all I know is that removing NID does nothing to already installed software and save files.

Knowing this, I guess you would have to include the SD card if you want to include the software.

Last edited by Pluupy,
Reactions: MrMcTiller

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff