Question: remove start screen in pokemon platinum

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by XandZero, Jun 13, 2009.

1. XandZero
    OP

Newcomer XandZero Newbie

United States
    Hi, I was hoping to find out how to remove the loading screen in pokemon platinum and jump right to the blue screen where it asks me to continue my game. There is somewhat of delay when you turn the game on while constantly hitting a before you can actually start playing. Removing this would greatly improve on soft-resetting for shiny/stronger pokemon.

I understand that this site doesn't host roms, and even though this mod is a hack, it still would not be far off from the original. So, I was hoping there would be some kind of patch for people who already own the rom.

2. Wolfsclaw

Member Wolfsclaw GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Go on, figure it out.

3. XandZero
    OP

Newcomer XandZero Newbie

United States
    I'm sorry, I don't know anything about hacking. But that's not to say that I haven't been looking it up. Nothing really seems relevant. There are topics that involve changing pokemon evolutions, changing a trainer's pokemon line up, replacing sprites, etc. I'm sure there's something on changing what the starting logo looks like, but I haven't found anything about removing that part of the start up sequence altogether.

It's pretty difficult searching for something like that since there is no definite keyword to use. Is it a start screen? A start logo? There doesn't seem to be quite the right phrase to find any information about hacking it.

4. Wolfsclaw

Member Wolfsclaw GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    It's not possible for us at the moment and unlikely ever to happen; it would most definitely involve a lot of complex hex-editing which just doesnt seem worth the effort.

5. deishido

Member deishido Texture Modder

United States
    Yo... i'm new here, but i saw ur post and i realized that i stumbled upon the soluthion to your question... (kinda)
    I personally don't like the english pokemon logo, [​IMG] so i put the japanese logo in... [​IMG]
    i don't quite know how i did it and the only difference i noticed in gameplay, is that my arceus won't change colour with the plate it's holding anymore...
    what i do know is that it is IMPOSIBLE to completely eliminate the "press start" screen without game crashing reprocusions...

believe me... i tried... [​IMG]