question regarding snes emulator on the wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Awakendarknezz, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Awakendarknezz
    OP

Newcomer Awakendarknezz Member

United States
    ok sorry for my dumb question. but i wanted to be sure before doing anything. i heard from my friend that his wii "supposly got brick because he used some ntsc-j roms for snes and gba on the emulator for the wii. can this actually happen? or is it all bs. i would appreciate the help =D

2. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    Sounds like BS to me. But backup your nand in bootmii just to be safe (always a good idea!)

3. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    That's bullshit: homebrew emulators does not modify anything permanent in your Wii, the only thing they can do is crashing like any other programs, which is solved by turning the console off then back on. Als, unlike VC official emulators, you can use ROM from any regions.

You can however brick your Wii if you try to install a corrupted WAD or VC channel, not sure about the VC game region though, I doubt it can brick your Wii, probably it will just refuses to load from the system menu

4. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    VC and WiiWare games can't brick the wii
    even if they are wads
    if they have a faulty banner, they won't even install
    and if they have a wrong region, they'll just give a black screen (unless you have region free hacks)