Hardware Question regarding screen necessity..

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an ags 101 and an ags 001, the 101's housing was failing to bits so I stole the 001's housing. I've finally gotten around to ordering a new shell but it doesn't come with the hinges. The ones that were on the 101 where broken so no loss there. I wanted to use the 001 as a controller for a gameboy player and was wondering if the screen missing would cause the hardware to just kick off. I haven't gotten my other case yet and don't feel like fighting the triwings just to disconnect the screen from the board.

If anyone knows if this will work, that'd be a neat thing to know.

ishygdaft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I took it apart and switched the boards, left the screen off. It works really well, I'm sure the lack of screen will massively increase battery life, the unit is a bit lighter and easier to handle too. I can play rpgs one handed.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Okay I took it apart and switched the boards, left the screen off. It works really well, I'm sure the lack of screen will massively increase battery life, the unit is a bit lighter and easier to handle too. I can play rpgs one handed.
can you also use it for pokemon box?

ishygdaft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea, it's just a gba SP without a screen. Think of it as a controller. In that sense it wouldn't be useful for games like 4swords or windwaker.

After reading on pokemon box, I'd imagine you need to do a bit stuff gba side.

Last edited by ishygdaft,
Reactions: migles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Yeah, they were going for that.