Question regarding screen necessity..

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ishygdaft, Jul 16, 2017.

1. ishygdaft
    OP

ishygdaft A mystery wrapped in an enigma

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    I have an ags 101 and an ags 001, the 101's housing was failing to bits so I stole the 001's housing. I've finally gotten around to ordering a new shell but it doesn't come with the hinges. The ones that were on the 101 where broken so no loss there. I wanted to use the 001 as a controller for a gameboy player and was wondering if the screen missing would cause the hardware to just kick off. I haven't gotten my other case yet and don't feel like fighting the triwings just to disconnect the screen from the board.

If anyone knows if this will work, that'd be a neat thing to know.

2. ishygdaft
    OP

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Okay I took it apart and switched the boards, left the screen off. It works really well, I'm sure the lack of screen will massively increase battery life, the unit is a bit lighter and easier to handle too. I can play rpgs one handed.

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    can you also use it for pokemon box?

4. ishygdaft
    OP

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    I have no idea, it's just a gba SP without a screen. Think of it as a controller. In that sense it wouldn't be useful for games like 4swords or windwaker.

After reading on pokemon box, I'd imagine you need to do a bit stuff gba side.

Last edited by ishygdaft, Jul 16, 2017
    migles likes this.