Weslord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I have a question I was hoping someone here could answer. Let's say I want to play a backup of a game that requires a firmware update, Mario Kart Wii for example. To get rid of this problem, you patch the iso with BrickBlocker, right? Now, after that, do you still have to further patch this iso with the backup-creator before you burn it for it to run properly? And if this is the case, does it matter which patcher you run first?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to add that this is using a Wii that does not have a modchip, but rather, is using Wiigator's backup player via the homebrew channel.

Weslord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see an option for that in his loader, unless you're referring to the "force" options? Do those actually block the firmware updates?

Weslord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Understood - thank you.

But I'm curious, do modchip users have to go through the same process? I.E. patching with brickblocker and then backup-creator, or is this just something for the twilight hack users?

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weslord said:
Understood - thank you.

But I'm curious, do modchip users have to go through the same process? I.E. patching with brickblocker and then backup-creator, or is this just something for the twilight hack users?
No, I believe that backup creator was released when waninkoko made his iso loader for unmodded wiis. But modchip users might need to patch there iso w/ brickblocker and not backup creator.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
modchip users dont have to do anything with the .ISO to play them. They can just burn the original .iso and it will run.

If they wanted to block updates, then yes, they could patch it with brickblocker and then burn.

Modchip users dont need to use the backup loader/launcher.

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As from what I heard, Backup Launcher automatically skips the updates (don't know about Waninkoko's loader), so no WiiBrickBlocker is needed.
If you don't have the needed firmware though, the disc won't work (like Wario Land)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1