Question Regarding Brickblocker and iso burning

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Weslord, Oct 1, 2008.

Oct 1, 2008
  1. Weslord
    OP

Newcomer Weslord Member

United States
    Hello everyone,

I have a question I was hoping someone here could answer. Let's say I want to play a backup of a game that requires a firmware update, Mario Kart Wii for example. To get rid of this problem, you patch the iso with BrickBlocker, right? Now, after that, do you still have to further patch this iso with the backup-creator before you burn it for it to run properly? And if this is the case, does it matter which patcher you run first?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to add that this is using a Wii that does not have a modchip, but rather, is using Wiigator's backup player via the homebrew channel.

2. Richy Freeway

Member Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Brickblocker first, backup-creator second.

I thought Wiigators backup loader had the option to block updates? I could be wrong.

3. Weslord
    OP

Newcomer Weslord Member

United States
    I don't see an option for that in his loader, unless you're referring to the "force" options? Do those actually block the firmware updates?

4. Richy Freeway

Member Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I don't know, I don't run it myself as I have a modchip.

5. Weslord
    OP

Newcomer Weslord Member

United States
    Understood - thank you.

But I'm curious, do modchip users have to go through the same process? I.E. patching with brickblocker and then backup-creator, or is this just something for the twilight hack users?

6. acesniper

Member acesniper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No, I believe that backup creator was released when waninkoko made his iso loader for unmodded wiis. But modchip users might need to patch there iso w/ brickblocker and not backup creator.

7. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    modchip users dont have to do anything with the .ISO to play them. They can just burn the original .iso and it will run.

If they wanted to block updates, then yes, they could patch it with brickblocker and then burn.

Modchip users dont need to use the backup loader/launcher.

8. Egonny

Member Egonny GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    As from what I heard, Backup Launcher automatically skips the updates (don't know about Waninkoko's loader), so no WiiBrickBlocker is needed.
    If you don't have the needed firmware though, the disc won't work (like Wario Land)