Question regarding Blocking IP/URLS of Nintendo services

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Dracari, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Dracari
    OP

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    ok the ones i've seen mid thru the megathread on the banwave are :

Warning: Spoilers inside!

i can Assume this doesn't break online Connectivity to Games, but what i do gather this breaks Wifi connection test, (has to at least assume connection is setup successfully) Breaks ability to do a System Update (but in-turn stops the update nag)

and that like when we had tubehax dns, it breaks connectivity to eShop (and in turn i guess freeshop too?)

Mostly i want to make sure outside having to remotely install CIAs ala WiiU Helper/ThatISO/Chaos Site, that i don't have to bloody switch good seed to Bad seed just to turn on Wifi on my 3DS to just use mSD Management to update say something stupidly small like Luma -_-. (its not a Major Issue for my O3DS as i have a SD Reader in my older Mac Mini but its just tedious having to unscrew the back off to get at the mSD on my N3DS look for /grab my mSD->SD adapter boot up the Mac Mini then update that way. for small things like luma or other utilities, i've found ftpbrony/mSDManagement to be better off.)