Homebrew Question regarding all 3ds nands.

dg_dex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I don't know if this question has already been asked before. I did look but couldn't find anything.

My question is; back when I was on the xbox and playstation scene, I remember extracting the Nand_KV by dumping the nand directly from the mossfet. By doing this, it enabled everyone the chance to be able to downgrade to what ever firmware version regardless of if a parson lost his or hers original nand dump. As long as we had our KV, we were able to inject that into any nand we wanted to. Obviously in order to obtain our KV we had to use method such as booting into Xell. I'm just wondering if anything like that as every been in developement for the 3ds models? I know we have hard modding, but that doesn't involve slowing the clk down in order to inject code go gather our KV's.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, when we'll be able to decrypt OTP, we will be able to forge our own NAND dumps for a specific console. But we can't, because we don't have the bootrom.
An equivalent, however, could be CTRNAND + FIRM0/FIRM1 xorpads. But it takes a lot of space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F