Hacking Question: PS Vita Activation?

rscarrab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there. I'm about to acquire a used slim w/ 3.60 fw and I'm doing a lot of preliminary reading to try and get my head around all of this, before it arrives. I've never modded a PS Vita and the only thing that has me kind of scratching my head is 'Activation'.

From what I've read it gives me the ability to play PSP/PS1 titles which id like to do, but I'm unsure as to whether i need to do anything first, before i begin install Henkaku/Enso? I've read on Wololo that i should backup my Activation files... should i be doing this?

I'm just having trouble understanding the concept, i suppose. I've never had, nor do i have a PSN account. Is there anything i can do to screw myself over during initial setup so that im not able to use Adrenaline? If so, how do i avoid this?

Or am i overthinking things and should just install Henkaku/Enso, backup the Activation files and then use MLTActivator?

Tbh I'm more interested in Retroarch emulation, but id rather not lose any other functionality if i can help it.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

EDIT:

Okay, I'm after reading that Adrenaline was updated so that the whole activation/deactivation is no longer an issue. So should I need to worry about Activation at all, then (considering I'm not going to connect to PSN, ever)?

Last edited by rscarrab,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to figure out how to Activate PSM. I had to Connect to set the Date/Time, then it said I had to Activate my System which it is.

rscarrab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
They shouldnt be. I had it Activated long before I started using Exploits

Fair enough. I'm still trying to get my head around this whole concept of Activation and how Sony has implemented it.

If I've no use for PSM games, should I need to care about Activation/Deactivation at all?

D

Deleted User

Regular activation and PSM activation are two different things.
It's no longer possible to activate PSM though, since Sony killed off all PSM servers. Just use the NoPsmDrm plugin.

rscarrab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Regular activation and PSM activation are two different things.
It's no longer possible to activate PSM though, since Sony killed off all PSM servers. Just use the NoPsmDrm plugin.

Sounds like you know what you're talking about.

Can you tell me, is (regular) Activation even an issue anymore?

D

Deleted User

Sounds like you know what you're talking about.

Can you tell me, is (regular) Activation even an issue anymore?
Not really, no. The NoNpDrm plugin lets you run Vita games on a deactivated device; then there's Adrenaline v6, as you mentioned, that was updated to allow running ePSP CFW deactivated as well. I can't think of anything else that would still require you to be activated...

Last edited by ,

rscarrab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not really, no. The NoNpDrm plugin lets you run games on a deactivated device; then there's Adrenaline v6, as you mentioned, that was updated to allow running ePSP CFW deactivated as well. I can't think of anything that would still require you to be activated...

Okay, that's good to know and one less thing to worry about. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8