[Question] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Yellow Version Hack?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Romruto, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Romruto
    OP

Member Romruto GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I wonder if anyone has ever thought of modding Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver and recreating the game to replicate Pokemon Yellow Version. You know, HG/SS graphics layout but instead of starting at the home in Johto, you start in Kanto.

2. LordVanitas

Newcomer LordVanitas Advanced Member

United States
    lol if i can find the hacking tools my friend i would do it myself.

3. Jman1070

Newcomer Jman1070 Member

United States
    I made a post similar to this lol
    Anyway i agree that we need some sort of hack the takes place in the kanto region whether it be Yellow, Red, Blue, or some new color.
    Lets try to keep this post up [​IMG]

4. XP105

Newcomer XP105 Member

United Kingdom
    That's quite a serious mod you're asking for there xD. Main character sprite changes, a couple of switches for gym leaders, and the elite four, new start position and map availability. Admittedly, stuff like different starters, and different wild pokemon encounters, as well as changing the levels of various trainers along the way is simple enough, but I have no idea how you'd do the other stuff -_-'.

5. Jman1070

Newcomer Jman1070 Member

United States
    Im surprized that this idea never caught on... I wish someone would do this hack!

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Nobody's done it because it's a fuckton of work. it's a lot more work than you may think it is.

7. Oxnite

Member Oxnite GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    If somebody knows about a script to start in Pallet Town, I could do the rest.

8. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    If I knew how to script the 4th generation I'd help you out, sadly I'm only a 3rd generation hacker. However, if you can point me to a place that will get me started (an actual tutorial not a site, since I know once that happens I'll be directed to Pokecommunity), then I'll gladly help.

9. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I started something like this, but it would never be a complete remake because mapping tools aren't public yet and Mt. Moon is a tiny room in HG/SS. Also Silph Co. and other places. Haha.

EDIT: I once wrote a scripting tutorial on hacking the 4th gen HG/SS, (might apply to D/P/Pt as well) but I never posted it anywhere. I'll see if I could find it.

10. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    That would be greatly appreciated.

11. GameWinner

Member GameWinner Take your heart

United States
    I'm a R/S/E/FR/LG hacker, so I have no idea how to do a 4th gen hack, but asking for a yellow
    remake on HGSS would be difficult, especially getting only Pikachu to follow you.

12. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    If you truly wanted only Pikachu to follow you, couldn't someone change every Pokemon OW into the Pikachu sprite? Even that will probably still be difficult.
    Then have Oak or some other NPC say that when you deposit Pikachu "in the PC" he actually stays with you, you just can't use it because the maximum is 6 party Pokemon. lulz. I don't know, just an idea. Haha.