Homebrew [Question] OoT3DHax Multiboot available?

MelonGx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
OoT3D has 3 save slots.
Is it available to put 3 different saves in those slots?
For example:
- Save 1: GW launching
- Save 2: O3DS 9.2 HBL launching
- Save 3: N3DS 9.2 HBL launching

D

Deleted-236924

i reade digital versionallows more saving space
It can, but I'm not entirely sure how much extra saving space it allows, so it might not be possible, and it wouldn't really be useful for what OP is trying to do.
If you have digital version then there isn't much point in having a save for the O3DS payload and one for N3DS payload at the same time :P And you'd need to have a digital version installed to sysnand on 9.0-9.2 which might be pointless, cause if you have access to all the stuff you need to get it on there in the first place, then you probably don't need to use OoT to boot GW Launcher (although I guess it could still be useful as a second method of accessing it.)

Karuta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway injects the save as a .sav file, so even if you had enough space I don't think this would work.

I'd love this too, although my setup would be:

- Actual save file
- GW Launcher
- N3DS HBL Launcher

D

Deleted-236924

Gateway injects the save as a .sav file, so even if you had enough space I don't think this would work.

I'd love this too, although my setup would be:

- Actual save file
- GW Launcher
- N3DS HBL Launcher
You can probably open that save file in svdt and see what's actually in the raw .sav image

D

Deleted-236924

It won't open the .sav file directly, but after you've written it to the cartridge you can read the contents of its save chip it with svdt.

Karuta

Trophies
XP
Country
It won't open the .sav file directly, but after you've written it to the cartridge you can read the contents of its save chip it with svdt.
Oh yeah, makes sense. That's the first thing I tried, but I got an error when trying to add the other .bin files. Assumed it was due to a lack of space, and it looks like I'm right.

D

Deleted-236924

Yeah, physical cartridges don't have enough save space in the cartridge for that unfortunately.
It -might- be possible with a digital version from the eShop, but you would need a legit copy that you actually bought from the eShop, and have a way to get it installed to your sysnand, otherwise it wouldn't be really useful.
Even then, I don't know just how much stuff the digital version can actually hold in its save file, it's possible it might not even work at all even with a digital version.

I actually have it digital on my emunand so I'll see if I can cram in lots of stuff in its save file, lol.
Edit: Yeah, even the digital version has limits to how much you can put in the save data. Oh well.
Tried putting a 903KB file lol. Maybe smaller will work idk, heh.

Last edited by ,

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would be really nice is a multiboot that's basically a launcher.dat (or name it something else, like multi.dat) where it gives you a choice of what you want to launch, Gateway, rxTools, etc etc

I'd love one for MSET and Spider...

Karuta

Trophies
XP
Country
What would be really nice is a multiboot that's basically a launcher.dat (or name it something else, like multi.dat) where it gives you a choice of what you want to launch, Gateway, rxTools, etc etc

I'd love one for MSET and Spider...
That could work. I was able to fit my actual save file and the HBL launcher, so I don't think size would be an issue for something like that.

D

Deleted-236924

It'd be pretty cool, but tbh, might as well just have OoT3D for GW Launcher, and menuhax for homebrew (or if you want to access homebrew from emunand, an installed .cia on there does the job.)

Karuta

Trophies
XP
Country
It'd be pretty cool, but tbh, might as well just have OoT3D for GW Launcher, and menuhax for homebrew (or if you want to access homebrew from emunand, an installed .cia on there does the job.)
It's nice to have a backup though, just in case.

D

Deleted-236924

Anyway I just gave it a try, and digital OoT can't hold two payloads, so the idea probably wouldn't work even with digital. :/
(I'm using my retail cart dumped and converted to .cia so maybe it's a little bit different than actual eShop digital OoT? o: )

No wait, I'm able to have one save, and it lets me create a second one, just like actual eShop-bought, but attempting to create a third one crashes with the error has occurred black screen.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: MelonGx

MelonGx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thanks for everyone giving reports & suggestions.

By exporting GW & OoT3DHax saves (*) , we can see:

GW:
save00.bin (6KB), system.dat (34 bytes)

OoT3DHax:
save00.bin (6KB), system.dat (34 bytes), payload (43KB)

I tried renaming GW's save00.bin into save01.bin and put it together with OoT3DHax's.
However, SaveDataFiler didn't import the save01.bin in.
If manually creating a 2nd save slot in the game, black screen happened & system hanged.

If I took out the payload, then save01.bin could be imported properly.
But OoT3DHax couldn't work without payload.

So if there wasn't a smaller-sized payload, multiboot would become unavailable.

* By renaming Zelda ROM into .3DZ, MT-card can directly recognize both GW save and OoT3DHax saves, even the saves are 128KB and the header seems mismatch.
So we can use SaveDataFiler to export them.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.