Hacking Question on netflix, and hacked ps3.

akuseru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really been following the ps3 hacking scene for a while now, so forgive me if this is a obvious question to some people..

Is there any way to get the Netflix software onto my hacked ps3? Since I cannot access the psn. I am still using one of the early jailbreak premade usb sticks, and am on 3.41.
Would some of the new cfw help out with this?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Netflix works by streaming video, which means connected to the internet.
I would'nt try going online with a hacked PS3 ever.
Got a Wii? you can do it with that console.......

akuseru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ddetkowski said:
Netflix works by streaming video, which means connected to the internet.
I would'nt try going online with a hacked PS3 ever.
Got a Wii? you can do it with that console.......

I know how netflix works, and I have a Wii, but the Netflix software for it is terrible, and no hd.

I may be mistaken, but you don't actually need to be connected to psn to use the netflix software, you just need it to download it the initial time, once it's installed on your ps3 it should be fine, as you only have to connect to Netflix it self..right?

If anyone knows better, and can tell me that I'm wrong on that..Then tell me, I'd like to know.

But if I'm right..I just want to install the software, I don't care if I get banned from psn or whatever after that, I'm not worried about it.

akuseru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magsor said:
Well if you follow my guide http://gbatemp.net/t279650-guide-tie-your-...o-ps3-with-3-55
You will be able to Install netflix for 100% sure and maybe even use it without sending your infos to sony by blocking playstation.net in your router.
Its worth trying.

I guess I'm a little confused about your guide, or how it'd help me with Netflix.

"5. connect to psn. you can even create a new account, But you wont be able to actually connect to psn just tie your psn."

If I can't actually connect to the psn, I can't download the software. I haven't been able to find it any where else for download, so tying it to my account wouldn't do me much good. I'd need to actually connect.

Edit : Hm, I just updated to 3.55 (for cfw), and now I noticed..there's a netflix download right on the dashboard. Unless I was blind, it wasn't there on 3.41..So maybe what you said will help me, I'll try it.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes youd just need to install the .pkg. On my ps3 theres a netflick icon already which will let you download it. Ill be testing it later on.. i just need to clean up my behavior first
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol