Hardware Question on NES Style 3ds XL

stark21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I were to buy a NEW nes style XL would that be lower then 9.3.. I know gamestore still has some and just not sure what FW would be on them

stark21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure when they stopped making the NES version one. I think before the update came but then again never know.. trying to find the serial number database

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say this is true for the XL but not the regular 3DS. Since they replaced the original XL with the n3DS XL now.
But they could have produced some 3DS XL before the n3DS launch that have 9.4 on them.
that doesn't make any sense, it's unlikely nintendo is still producing new old 3ds's at all.
if they are they haven't hit shelves yet and probably wont for a while. probably never in america because restocking old models is practically unheard of here except for deep discounted holiday sales. if we do get new old 3ds' XLs it will be for a super cheap black friday sale.
either way i can say for %100 certainty there are no new old 3ds XL's with >9.0 right now,
and there will never be a NES 3DS XL with a newer firmware because those were limited edition to october last year.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
that doesn't make any sense, it's unlikely nintendo is still producing new old 3ds's at all.
if they are they haven't hit shelves yet and probably wont for a while. probably never in america because restocking old models is practically unheard of here except for deep discounted holiday sales. if we do get new old 3ds' XLs it will be for a super cheap black friday sale.
either way i can say for %100 certainty there are no new old 3ds XL's with >9.0 right now,
and there will never be a NES 3DS XL with a newer firmware because those were limited edition to october last year.
They are not releasing the n3DS non-XL in US which means they will continue producing o3DS.
That's pretty much what they've told people - that now they have 3 distinct product lines, the 2DS, 3DS and n3DS XL. So they'll continue producing all those, at least until they decide to release n3DS in US.

But yes the NES 3DS XL is probably safe.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are not releasing the n3DS non-XL in US which means they will continue producing o3DS.
That's pretty much what they've told people - that now they have 3 distinct product lines, the 2DS, 3DS and n3DS XL. So they'll continue producing all those, at least until they decide to release n3DS in US.

But yes the NES 3DS XL is probably safe.
actually they stopped producing the original 3ds here years ago even before the 2ds came out.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
*assuming its a brand new console, some stores have been known to sell "new" consoles that have obviously been used in the past as they where updated to a FW higher than they should of been

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tbh there isnt really a list for 9.2 or lower o3ds consoles as afaik there has been 0 brand new original 3DS's on 9.3 or higher.....and i would guess it being a NES one its even less likely to be 9.3 or higher as they where a limited edition run from a good while back afaik

as far as brand new consoles its unlikely there will ever be any 9.3 original 3DS's as they where replaced by the n3DS before 9.3 was released and they probably ceased production a while before that too....i would guess 9.0 would probably be around the upper limit on original 3DS's

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.