Question: Multirom-ing methods

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cueake, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Cueake
    OP

Cueake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2014
    United States
    I've been familiarizing myself with the gateway card and I have one question about multirom and how it works.

The guide I followed in setting up my system to accept the gateway red card was released when gateway was in 2.0 I believe. Anyway, in the guide Win32DiscImager is used to write a .3ds rom to a microSD. I got a backup working this way but I assume writing to the MicroSD with the Win32 software makes use of the entire MicroSD card, and to write another rom would clear the first rom (if I am not mistaken).

I ran into a snippet somewhere, possibly official from Gateway, that said roms can be drag and dropped onto the MicroSD for multirom support. Is this in fact the case? Can I copy and past my .3ds backups onto my MicroSD and take advantage of the multirom capability.

Thanks in advance.

2. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    yes u can starting with the Omega launcher.dat files (2.1 and 2.2) Gateway supports multirom drag and drop fat32 & exfat. No windisk needed (infact, that method no longer works on the newest launchers)

Cueake likes this.
  3. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    Yes.

4. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pok├ębro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Pretty sure that was made clear in the last post :P

5. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    Pretty sure your reply had nothing to do with the topic, so off topic? :lol:

IronClouds likes this.
  6. Cueake
    OP

Cueake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2014
    United States
    Awesome. Thanks guys. :yay:

7. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    just as a side note, if you drag and drop multiple roms at once on the sd card, some roms might get corrupted, because windows copy function sucks (I just assume you use windows...)
    so either drag and drop them 1 by 1 or use something like terracopy, that actually knows, how to copy some freaking files, without fragmenting them...

8. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Yes, gateway hates fragmentation almost as much as it hates clones.

IronClouds likes this.