ROM Hack [Question] Is it possible to rip Kirby: Triple Deluxe models?

Reserved

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care if it's possible to extract them and do things with them in actual modelling programs, I just need to know if it's possible to open and properly view them. I'm looking mainly for the textures of the models, but the last time I asked around, I heard something about how the extensions that Triple Deluxe use can't be opened yet. However, that was a while ago, so I'm hoping by now, something has changed.

By the way, I tried searching for this previously, so hopefully this thread isn't cluttering the forums~

(also, are we allowed to ask for the xorpads of games? i don't have a gateway 3ds but otherwise i can't access triple deluxe files. i have the rom, but iunno how to extract it without a proper 3ds...)

edit: also, if you have them, I'd love for somebody to send me Kirby's textures from Triple Deluxe <3

Last edited by Reserved,

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as I know, Kirby Triple Deluxe uses BCH format, which can be rendered in Ohana 3DS, and can also be exported.

only thing is, you need a proper dump of the romfs just for its files, which I don't have.

Reactions: Thelostrune

Reserved

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thanks!

Sadly, tried looking around for the Xorpad and couldn't find any available. Is there any way to extract the ROMFS without the need of a Gateway 3DS using the .3ds/.cia ROM files? If not, does anybody have both Triple Deluxe (USA or EUR) and a Gateway compatible 3DS?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Alright, thanks!

Sadly, tried looking around for the Xorpad and couldn't find any available. Is there any way to extract the ROMFS without the need of a Gateway 3DS using the .3ds/.cia ROM files? If not, does anybody have both Triple Deluxe (USA or EUR) and a Gateway compatible 3DS?
All you need is homebrew launcher and a 3DS on 9.2 or below. No gateway needed.

Reserved

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you need is homebrew launcher and a 3DS on 9.2 or below. No gateway needed.
Oh, I don't have a 9.2 3DS, either, sadly. The console was updated when I popped in ORAS back in December, lol.

Well, now I know that I need to find somebody with a 9.2 3DS and Triple Deluxe. Thanks!

pupypup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so i know this was a year ago, but if anyone can help, i managed to rip planet robobot, and everything is fine, accept i cant find kirby's eyes... they are just black. i would imagine stuff is in the same place for both td and pr so do you know where the eye texture might be?

Edit -ok, so it seems it has the color im looking for on the face texture... thing is, its not filling it in with that color... its filling in on the cheeks tho. im trying to import it into unity.

Edit2 - im pretty sure its just not exporting out of Ohana, so does anyone know how to convert a .bch.cmp file like you get into a .szs file?

Last edited by pupypup,

ReimuMikoHakurei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so i know this was a year ago, but if anyone can help, i managed to rip planet robobot, and everything is fine, accept i cant find kirby's eyes... they are just black. i would imagine stuff is in the same place for both td and pr so do you know where the eye texture might be?

Edit -ok, so it seems it has the color im looking for on the face texture... thing is, its not filling it in with that color... its filling in on the cheeks tho. im trying to import it into unity.
How did you do it? I get nothing coming out of the romfs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k