[Question] Is it possible to rip Kirby: Triple Deluxe models?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Reserved, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Reserved
    OP

Reserved GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    United States
    I don't really care if it's possible to extract them and do things with them in actual modelling programs, I just need to know if it's possible to open and properly view them. I'm looking mainly for the textures of the models, but the last time I asked around, I heard something about how the extensions that Triple Deluxe use can't be opened yet. However, that was a while ago, so I'm hoping by now, something has changed.

By the way, I tried searching for this previously, so hopefully this thread isn't cluttering the forums~

(also, are we allowed to ask for the xorpads of games? i don't have a gateway 3ds but otherwise i can't access triple deluxe files. i have the rom, but iunno how to extract it without a proper 3ds...)

edit: also, if you have them, I'd love for somebody to send me Kirby's textures from Triple Deluxe <3

Last edited by Reserved, Oct 17, 2015
  2. Sinon

Sinon The Wolf Girl

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    I dont think so

And if you need xorpads you can ask for them on "That Iso site"

3. Demonslayerx8

Demonslayerx8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2011
    United States
    as far as I know, Kirby Triple Deluxe uses BCH format, which can be rendered in Ohana 3DS, and can also be exported.

only thing is, you need a proper dump of the romfs just for its files, which I don't have.

Thelostrune likes this.
  4. Reserved
    OP

Reserved GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    United States
    Alright, thanks!

Sadly, tried looking around for the Xorpad and couldn't find any available. Is there any way to extract the ROMFS without the need of a Gateway 3DS using the .3ds/.cia ROM files? If not, does anybody have both Triple Deluxe (USA or EUR) and a Gateway compatible 3DS?

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    All you need is homebrew launcher and a 3DS on 9.2 or below. No gateway needed.

6. Reserved
    OP

Reserved GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    United States
    Oh, I don't have a 9.2 3DS, either, sadly. The console was updated when I popped in ORAS back in December, lol.

Well, now I know that I need to find somebody with a 9.2 3DS and Triple Deluxe. Thanks!