Homebrew [Question] homebrew to launch launcher.dat?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Since we now have a few options for running homebrew on sysnand, is there any way to make an app that loads a menu to launch rxtools, gateway, etc.? So we don't have to always rely on mset or browser?

WeedZ

OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
sadly if that was viable then it would've been already made
a launcher.dat selector would be interesting though
Yeah, I thought that as well. But givin the history of homebrew, we should have fully released emulators and media players by now, which are absolutely possible.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the only option we could have if someone cares is a multiloader via MSET/Spider/Ninjhax. Something like a menu appearing BEFORE something loads, like this:

Code:
MULTILOADER MENU Ver. 0.2b

There was several launchers detected, select what you want to launch:

-->    -Gateway [launcher.dat]
       -RXTools [RXTools.dat]
       -Decrypt9 [launcher2.dat]
       -Uncart [Uncart.dat]
       -ReiNAND [Rei.dat]
       -CakesFW [CFW.dat]

WeedZ

OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
the only option we could have if someone cares is a multiloader via MSET/Spider/Ninjhax. Something like a menu appearing BEFORE something loads, like this:

Code:
MULTILOADER MENU Ver. 0.2b

There was several launchers detected, select what you want to launch:

-->    -Gateway [launcher.dat]
       -RXTools [RXTools.dat]
       -Decrypt9 [launcher2.dat]
       -Uncart [Uncart.dat]
       -ReiNAND [Rei.dat]
       -CakesFW [CFW.dat]
That's the part I don't understand though. Why couldn't it be run from an app installed to sysnand homemenu? Ultimately, aside from launcher selection, I would like to be able to boot into emuNAND without having to sacrifice ds software or having to be online. I suppose a ninjhax app wouldn't be so bad though.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
in sysnand the sign/ticket (i've got lost) hack is not started so no homebrew works in sysnand. we can install homebrew to sysnand, but we can't start homebrew in pure sysnand. so before we can start the homebrew, there's the nag of doing the same exploit anyway.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's the part I don't understand though. Why couldn't it be run from an app installed to sysnand homemenu? Ultimately, aside from launcher selection, I would like to be able to boot into emuNAND without having to sacrifice ds software or having to be online. I suppose a ninjhax app wouldn't be so bad though.

At this time that's something impossible, because the signed content checks on sysnand, and to bypass those you either need a bootloader exploit, and the bootloader on the 3DS is so hard to trick, it hasn't been unlocked even with hardmods.

WeedZ

OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I actually meant with the signitures patched, but now that I think about it, it is really redundent running a cfw to launch a multi cfw launcher. Especially since I'm already using different bookmarks for gw and rx launchers. But like I said in the last post, a ninjhax version would be great though. No loss of ds mode or the need for Internet access.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I actually meant with the signitures patched, but now that I think about it, it is really redundent running a cfw to launch a multi cfw launcher. Especially since I'm already using different bookmarks for gw and rx launchers. But like I said in the last post, a ninjhax version would be great though. No loss of ds mode or the need for Internet access.

Well, thas is not possible either, because the CFW already patches memory, so repatching will crash. A first launch multiolader is more likely to happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-