Question: GBA games in emuNAND?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 8BitWalugi, Feb 13, 2016.

1. 8BitWalugi
    OP

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Australia
    Side 7
    Hey there, I've just got a quick question for something that I still don't quite understand.

How do I run GBA .cia's on my emuNAND?
    Last time I tried, I installed them with FBI to SD, which only resulted in an error when trying to boot.

I keep reading posts saying to install to NAND. Is installing to NAND emuNAND or sysNAND? I don't quite understand it.

I have my two NANDs unlinked, with my sysNAND set to coldboot into emuNAND.

I'm just wondering if someone can explain it to me step by step.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Spaqin

Spaqin GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2015
    Poland
    Install them to both sysNAND and emuNAND if they're unlinked.

3. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    You need to install a patched AGB_FIRM cia to your EmuNAND and install the GBA VC game to both SysNAND and EmuNAND.

4. Kyouken

Kyouken Repairer of the Breach

Oct 31, 2015
    United States
    GBATemp
    No; installing to NAND is literally installing it to whatever NAND you're using. So, if on emuNAND, it'd be installing it to the emuNAND's NAND, and if sysNAND, sysNAND's NAND. What you want to do is install it to the SD card in both locations. As for what squall14716 mentioned, here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/ Check that thread out if just installing the game to the SD in both NAND's doesn't fix it.

5. 8BitWalugi
    OP

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Australia
    Side 7
    Thank you for the help, I'll try it out again when I get the chance

6. Xanthe

Xanthe Sith

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    If you go to that iso website you'll find people that have premade them, or you can look at the tutorial's they provide. They just show you how you can convert a GBA rom to a CIA. I've used it for Pokemon randomizers.