Question for USBloader GX and NTFS

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by pluotnick, Dec 21, 2009.

Dec 21, 2009
  1. pluotnick
    OP

Newcomer pluotnick Member

Greece
    I am using USBloader GX [latest revision] and up to now I had an WBFS partitioned HDD.
    I am intrigued about the NTFS support, so I got another NTFS HDD and I got a couple of quick [I hope] questions

a. Do I just throw the .wbfs on the root dir of the HDD? Or I need to make a special folder? Someone mentioned a /wbfs/ folder. Is this correct?
    b. would .iso files work as well? This has been mentioned as well, but it's not clear for me.
    c. In case .iso files work on ntfs+usbloader, do botch scrubbed and non-scrubbed iso files work?
    d. Lastly, I am using Simple WBFS file manager, and it only converts .iso to .wbfs by splitting them up to 4gigs. Is there a program that does not split the wbfs, since using NTFS, splitting is unnecessary.

THanks!

2. jstevenson72

Newcomer jstevenson72 Advanced Member

United States
    wbfs_file can split at different sizes, its a command line tool in the Configurable Loader thread.

Also Wii Backup Manager can split at different sizes, it has its own thread here as well.

-- Jake

3. pluotnick
    OP

Newcomer pluotnick Member

Greece
    The thing is I don't want them to split up. Is this doable?

4. Forsaekn

Member Forsaekn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yes, wbfs_file and use -0 (thats a zero) as a command line arg. it specifies no splitting.