Question for USBloader GX and NTFS

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by pluotnick, Dec 21, 2009.

1. pluotnick
    OP

pluotnick Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greece
    I am using USBloader GX [latest revision] and up to now I had an WBFS partitioned HDD.
    I am intrigued about the NTFS support, so I got another NTFS HDD and I got a couple of quick [I hope] questions

a. Do I just throw the .wbfs on the root dir of the HDD? Or I need to make a special folder? Someone mentioned a /wbfs/ folder. Is this correct?
    b. would .iso files work as well? This has been mentioned as well, but it's not clear for me.
    c. In case .iso files work on ntfs+usbloader, do botch scrubbed and non-scrubbed iso files work?
    d. Lastly, I am using Simple WBFS file manager, and it only converts .iso to .wbfs by splitting them up to 4gigs. Is there a program that does not split the wbfs, since using NTFS, splitting is unnecessary.

THanks!

2. jstevenson72

jstevenson72 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    wbfs_file can split at different sizes, its a command line tool in the Configurable Loader thread.

Also Wii Backup Manager can split at different sizes, it has its own thread here as well.

-- Jake

3. pluotnick
    OP

pluotnick Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greece
    The thing is I don't want them to split up. Is this doable?

4. Forsaekn

Forsaekn GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2008
    United States
    yes, wbfs_file and use -0 (thats a zero) as a command line arg. it specifies no splitting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice