Hacking Question for all iTouch flashcart user

Hajje

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I've finally lost it with my itouch, and I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problems as me,
  • constantly freezing on games, and then simply resetting will fix it only having to start again from last save
  • a lot of games not working at all despite the fact the website advertises 100% compatibility rate
  • most home-brew not working, only home-brew I have gotten to work so far is moonshell, yet it is still really glitchy
  • when ever the MIC is needed the whole thing immediately freezes
  • the "soft reset" barely works and requires a lot of effort, making it easier just to turn ds off and on
  • and just a crappy design in general such as having to force the cart into the ds and using a knife to get it out
If no should what should I do?

Thx in advance
angry.gif
angry.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't have an iTouchDS myself, but my friend kyrez won one here a couple of months ago. And as far as I've understood he doesn't have any of those problems mentioned above. Well except for the fact that some of the latest games doesn't work until the iTouchDS firmware is updated. Homebrew also seems to work as expected on his iTouchDS and I haven't heard him complain about any homebrew problems at all.

So I'm either thinking that your microSD/microSDHC is faulty/of bad quality, fragmented or that your iTouchDS itself is faulty.

First thing I think you should try is to backup your data, reformat your microSD/microSDHC, put a fresh install of the ItouchDS firmware on it and copy back your data and see if that helps. Some people has also claimed that formatting your microSD/microSDHC with the Panasonic SD Formatter seems to have fixed the problems they had with their flashcart.

icon11.gif
Panasonic SD Formatter

If that doesn't work then I'd suggest you to try your iTouchDS with another microSD/microSDHC instead to see if that helps. And if that doesn't work then I think you should contact your reseller and try to get a new iTouchDS since it could be faulty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte