Hacking [Question] Dumping save from retail cart?

alantgw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have a question for dumping save from retail cart and using it on Gateway.

My sysnand is 9.2.0 and Emunand is 9.4.0. I can read my retail cart save on both sysnand and classic mode.
So i suppose my save is 6.x encrypted and would be readable in Gateway mode?
Do I have any misunderstanding regarding the save encryption so far? if not, lets move on.

I then dump the retail cart save to my SD through the web-exploit.
I also use a rom not dumped by myself. However, the rom cannot read my dumped save. It said something like the savefile is crashed (its in Japanese and I don't know the exact meaning but it is something like this).
Is this my problem or is this a Gateway's problem which should be solved by them?

My ultimate goal is to play the game with DLC (which i installed via cia files); while classic mode does not support cia, is there any way I can use my retail cart save and play with the DLC?

Thanks for reading such a long (and seems to be a stupid?) question.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My sysnand is 9.2.0 and Emunand is 9.4.0. I can read my retail cart save on sysnand.
Do I have any misunderstanding regarding the save encryption so far? if not, lets move on.

I also use a rom not dumped by myself. However, the rom cannot read my dumped save. It said something like the savefile is crashed (its in Japanese and I don't know the exact meaning but it is something like this).
Is this my problem or is this a Gateway's problem which should be solved by them?

My ultimate goal is to play the game with DLC (which i installed via cia files); while classic mode does not support cia, is there any way I can use my retail cart save and play with the DLC?

Well, gateway mode doesn't use true 6.x encryption so that's the problem.
In order to keep the save with most carts you will need to run the cart in classic mode. It should work fine with DLC.

There is also the issue with save size. If the game doesn't use 512KB saves, it won't work with gateway.

alantgw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Well, gateway mode doesn't use true 6.x encryption so that's the problem.
In order to keep the save with most carts you will need to run the cart in classic mode. It should work fine with DLC.

There is also the issue with save size. If the game doesn't use 512KB saves, it won't work with gateway.

i read the threads and i checked the save size before I posted it. Its a 512kb save. Anyways thanks for your reminder since i did not mention it.:)

For the dlc part, I tried to run my retail cart but couldn't unlock the DLC. It's just like no dlc data installed.
However, if I run the rom in Gateway mode, the DLC part unlocks...

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

My sysnand is 9.2.0 and Emunand is 9.4.0. I can read my retail cart save on both sysnand and classic mode.

Check the actual ROM save encryption type with rom_tool if it is not 1.x, you must use your card ROM dump because 2.x and 6.x encryption uses the unique romid (yes, the one used for online too). Can't say for sure if GW actually uses real romid from dumped 3dz for save encryption, but for Sky 3ds that worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head