Hacking ROM Hack [Question] Duck Game PC enhancements?

GuillermoTell15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi,
if you have played Duck Game on PC and Switch you've probably noticed the latest features have not been implemented yet in an update for the Switch version. Also, the custom hats feature is missing because of obvious reasons (already tried injecting them in a save file).

I started wondering if those features could be ported by replacing the ROM files via LayeredFS. I had a look at the filesystem on both versions and it looks quite similar, even the .exe is present (x86 emulation?).

Unfortunately, I lack the knowledge to reverse engineer the game, but in theory it could be possible to add the new content and even custom features by modifying the game files.

If someone has experience or knowledge about .NET, XNA games or this game in particular, feel free to comment below.

Thanks.

Edit: I followed this tutorial: https://toqoz.svbtle.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-writing-mods-for-duck-game

And had a look inside the .exe with dotPeek. Definitely, there are big differences between them. For example, the modLoader class has the modsEnabled variable forced to false.

This means it could be possible to decompile, modify and recompile the .exe with all the desired custom features available. Does not look easy though...

P.D.: Interestingly, dotPeek recognizes the PC exe as x86 while the Switch exe shows up as x64.

Last edited by GuillermoTell15,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol