Hacking [Question] DSiWare firmware downgrade

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stumbled on Plailect's DSiWare guide and i am slightly confused. I understand that downgrading from version 11.0.0-33 is currently impossible without the use of a hard-mod, however, Plailect's guide seems to suggest that there is another way through the tools mentioned in his guide. So i guess my question is, is this a downgrade method that i could use on one of my 3DS's. I know this might seem like a stupid question but i just want confirmation from the community of what this truly is.
Thank you.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes... you will need to follow the DSiWare section as instructed... Plailect's A9LH Guide rarely if ever has any misinformation...
I never once doubted Plailect's skills and knowledge of the 3DS. I'm naturally a skeptic and wanted another opinion on this. Thanks for your response.

KapuDaKoopa

That One Splatoon Dataminer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure since Plailect made a guide about soft-downgrading that it must be something made up just like a9lh.
Just like Gateway is also the best way to hack, and the only way to get the might-be-fake A9LH on New 3DS is using Gateway's tools

But in all seriousness you need another, already A9LH'd 3DS with a legit copy of Fieldrunners. Meaning you'd need to pay for it.

Reactions: Deleted-379826

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like Gateway is also the best way to hack, and the only way to get the might-be-fake A9LH on New 3DS is using Gateway's tools

But in all seriousness you need another, already A9LH'd 3DS with a legit copy of Fieldrunners. Meaning you'd need to pay for it.
I have a A9LH 3DS and i can spend a few dollars on the game so none of that is an issue. Thank you for your input.

KapuDaKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem! Always happy to help!

I don't actually know how the hack works except that it dumps the 11.0 NAND so you can downgrade NATIVEFIRM, then allowing you to downgrade to 9.2

Best of luck to you on your quest for downgrading this 11.0 system

ohyeah also you could always wait until the hackers come out with a better, free-er option, but I understand the ability to not be able to wait for that long. Hopefully another exploit game is found :/

also I have a feeling Nintendo MIGHT not actually take the game down because I think they're done with the 3DS, because they're preparing for the NX.
because it happened with the WiiU, which hasn't been updated in a few months, might just be because of waiting for IOSU though so
ignore me plz ;-;

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem! Always happy to help!

I don't actually know how the hack works except that it dumps the 11.0 NAND so you can downgrade NATIVEFIRM, then allowing you to downgrade to 9.2

Best of luck to you on your quest for downgrading this 11.0 system

ohyeah also you could always wait until the hackers come out with a better, free-er option, but I understand the ability to not be able to wait for that long. Hopefully another exploit game is found :/

also I have a feeling Nintendo MIGHT not actually take the game down because I think they're done with the 3DS, because they're preparing for the NX.
because it happened with the WiiU, which hasn't been updated in a few months, might just be because of waiting for IOSU though so
ignore me plz ;-;
Since 11.0 has been out, not much progress as far as downgrading has been made. I agree more methods such as this will be found in the future but we may never know. And I'm not alone when i say this but I have "bypassed" a lot of payment for 3DS games, so whats a few dollars gonna do? ;)

Reactions: KapuDaKoopa

KapuDaKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since 11.0 has been out, not much progress as far as downgrading has been made. I agree more methods such as this will be found in the future but we may never know. And I'm not alone when i say this but I have "bypassed" a lot of payment for 3DS games, so whats a few dollars gonna do? ;)
A lot?

ohohohohohohohohohohohhohohohohHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH

Translation: I pirate EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING

I have like 300 dollars worth of pirated games on my 3DS

and that's just my 3DS

my PC is even worse ;)

Reactions: Stephano

bnnunes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi Guys,

I just did the process of dsiware transfer from a cfw 3ds, run dgtool via score screen in fieldrunners, and the output was 0 erros. But when I try to run emunand9 from homebrew menu he just kicks a red screen and pops back to homebrew menu. Can someone help me on this issue please?

Thank you very much!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi Guys,

I just did the process of dsiware transfer from a cfw 3ds, run dgtool via score screen in fieldrunners, and the output was 0 erros. But when I try to run emunand9 from homebrew menu he just kicks a red screen and pops back to homebrew menu. Can someone help me on this issue please?

Thank you very much!
You need to downgrade first - emuNAND9 won't work above 9.2.

bnnunes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You need to downgrade first - emuNAND9 won't work above 9.2.
Thank tou for your answer.

But in his guide gente Just jumped from "run dgtool and reboot " directly to "run emunand9" I am kind of noob in 3ds hacking so, if I add sysupdater and downgrade via homebrew menu I am done?

Thank you in avance.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank tou for your answer.

But in his guide gente Just jumped from "run dgtool and reboot " directly to "run emunand9" I am kind of noob in 3ds hacking so, if I add sysupdater and downgrade via homebrew menu I am done?

Thank you in avance.
Yep - you have downgraded NATIVE_FIRM which will allow sysupdater to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol