Hacking [Question] Can I go from Ferrox CFW to Rebug CEX CFW?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Simply download the latest Rebug REX and put it on a flash drive inside PS3/UPDATE.
Make sure the file is renamed to PS3UPDAT.PUP.

You should be able to switch CFW easily.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What rebug CFW did you use because if it's lite 4.82 you may as well not have bothered. If it's 4.81 REX edition that's definitely worth the effort

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet hadn't even seen info about the new release. Didn't know it was out! Glad to see that! Time to update my PS3

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh BTW if you wish to sort your you installed PSN and hombrew titles alphabetically this is a great mod to try.
I have tried it myself and it works great on 4.82.2 REX for me.

I did not make this mod it was done by the OP of the linked post. I'm simply sharing it.

DISCLAIMER!!!!
AS WITH ANY MOD THAT WRITES TO THE PS3 FLASH MEMORY THIS DOES POSE SOME RISK OF BRICKING THOUGH SAID RISK IS VERY MINIMAL! USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

This mod is unlikely to brick as its just changing a few non critical files that control the layout of your XMB game category. These changes will not prevent the XMB from loading but could break the layout causing missing icons and other strange things (though as I noted it works perfect for me.) The only real risk of a hard brick is if the flash memory is corrupted by the write. (This is the same level of risk or lower than installing CFW.)

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/alphabetical.2752/

You will find the 4.81 version on the 4th page. Second to last post. This build works fine on 4.82 (just tested it myself lol)

Here is the download for it.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/so13eti8wyqpop4/PS3%

Simply download the zip file and place on an FAT32 USB stick or drive and put it in the PS3 (any port is good.) Now open multiman and enable write to flash in settings and use the file manager (MMOS) to open the zip file. It will ask if you want to install it. Select yes. When done reboot and profit.

If it does not work correctly for you (games not displaying or some other strange XMB glitch) just reinstall your firmware and it will remove the patch. As I said it works great for me on the new firmware so I wouldn't expect any issue.

Last edited by mikey420,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-